1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers - Bears Official Gameday Thread

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Ray D, Sep 24, 2017.

1. RPO IZSB

RPO IZSB Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2015
    Maybe someday fans will learn it’s a game played every Sunday, and any team can win.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    The defense is a work in progress. I didn't really expect greatness this season. But the offense? They are terrible through three games. I really did expect them to be awesome this year. Ben has not played well so far. That unit is a huge disappointment.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. RPO IZSB

Dec 30, 2015
    I mean people who subscribe to that argument are stupid people

4. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    They got their pants pulled down physically in the game. Social media is gonna chastise them all week for leaving their brother by his self during the anthem. Regardless of anyone's views on the PC bull**** going on, that was classless and chicken****!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    They really pissed me off today. Offence lost that game. D can't spend that much time on the field and be expected to stop anything

6. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    14 year vet qb's are usually grown up by now. This team isn't very good, that's all.

7. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    Ben has already retired. He's going through the motions. It's horrible to watch. It's not worth talking someone out of retirement if they really don't want to play.

8. SteelHaven

SteelHaven Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2012
    Stop making excuses for Tomlin.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Can't wait to see the "Winners and Losers" list this week.......

This might be the first time there will be NO winners.

10. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    At this point, I'll give Bell an offer of vet minimum, and he's lucky to get that. Fans should start a mocking chant of "15 Million. Ha. Ha. Ha ha ha." (to the cadence of the "it's all over" chant)

Ben might as well just retire if he's going to play like he has all season.

Maybe bring in a Pop Warner coach to teach basic flipping fundamentals to the defense.

Every time Tomlin gives a cliche response, slap him in the mouth.

There's no excuse for this absolutely pitiful performance.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  11. SteelerfnVA

SteelerfnVA Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2011
    How do you figure it happens every year and more frequently with the steelers and Tomlin than everyone else.

If I was at a computer I'd do some research and make my point but if I remember correctly Tomlin has a .500 record against sub par teams. That is actually skewd because he gets the browns 2x a year. So that's the argument. The Pats had a nail biter today but it didn't look like they were out coached like it always looks like against the Tomlin led steelers.

12. nafsreleets43

nafsreleets43 Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Hopefully this serves a purpose like it for last year after the Miami lost, I just don't understand why this types of game are needed in order to get it going for the Steelers. Im getting tired of these let down games.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. RPO IZSB

Dec 30, 2015
    I think Steelers fans subscribed big to that nonsense don’t watch much football outside of the Steelers, and never played the game

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  14. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    When you give 200 yds on the ground to a 'clearly inferior' team, that spots you 4 pts at the half. That has to score their OT TD twice. You should look in the mirror and not beef about the refs, the heat, etc

• Agree Agree x 4
  15. RPO IZSB

Dec 30, 2015
    I don’t need to make excuses for one of the winningest coaches in the game

16. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    There's definitely a trend. The Steelers are 5-13 in their last 18 road games against teams with losing records. There are always extenuating circumstances, but there is a disappointing trend.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    This really does fit the formula for these losses to **** teams. Roethlisberger had some decent moments, but missed on big opportunities. It started on the first snap, when he had Bryant behind everybody and overthrew him.

Of course, it would be nice if Bryant would make the great catch there, or fight for the ball on that slant route at the goal line before the tying field goal. It would be nice if Bell would catch the damn ball on first down on that series, too. Roethlisberger had his share of bad throws, but his teammates didn't help him that much.

Injuries were also a factor. I have to think that defense would have been better with Tuitt and Watt. Chickillo was abused much of the day. He also missed an easy tackle on a third down. Gilbert's absence hurt the offense. Hubbard was not good. He gave up at least one sack and took the huge holding call at the end of regulation. Losing Foster as well probably didn't help.

All that said, the run defense was pathetic. Sure, some of it was great blocking, but a lot was being out of position on cut-backs and missing tackles. They also missed opportunities late to make a big play. Wilcox hesitated before diving on a fumble, allowing the Bears to recover. Then Mitchell dropped an interception. Sure, it wasn't an easy catch, but he should have had it.

And yes, the Bears got some help from the officials. They held on Cohen's big run to start the overtime drive. That is how he got the corner. And the missed call on the winning touchdown was inexcusable. Somebody on that crew should be fined or suspended for missing that one. It was right in front of the ball and as blatant as can be.

Do you blame the coaches? Of course. They didn't have the team ready. That was evident all day. More importantly, if they really are saving Harrison, today was the day to stop doing that. They needed him on that run defense. Rogers returning punts is also a problem, not just because of the fumble. He gives them absolutely nothing. It's time to put Brown back there again.

This was so ugly, I barely even talked about the special teams errors, the fumbled punt return and the blocked field goal.

The real killer is the Steelers are now battling quite a few injuries heading into the game against the Ravens. You have to wonder if Tuitt, Watt and Gilbert can return that quickly. Now you add injuries to Foster and Davis. I know some guys here hate Davis, but it is one more blow to a beat up football team.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    Tomlin's too busy winning to worry about that.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  19. SteelHaven

Sep 24, 2012
    The best ever right? You are in love

20. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Tomlin says the standard is the standard and we will follow suit!!! We lose to subpar teams.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. SteelerfnVA

SteelerfnVA Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2011
    Well I have played football since I was 8, played at the best D3 school (3 national championships) been apart of 2 coaching staffs to win state titles (1 in PA class AAA, and 1 in VA class AAAA) and have been on the sidelines for 15 years. I subscribe to that argument and I think I am qualified to think that way.

• Like Like x 3
  22. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Man crush!!!!!

23. RPO IZSB

Dec 30, 2015
    Glad to hear you concede your performance on the field to your coaches

24. SteelHaven

Sep 24, 2012