1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers autographs 1981

Discussion in 'Steeler Nation Classifieds' started by Laura LaneMcCants, Mar 27, 2019.

1. Laura LaneMcCants

Laura LaneMcCants New Member

Mar 27, 2019
    My folks had a boat we would chug up the Ohio and dock right below Three Rivers Stadium starting back in '80 ish. They had season tickets and mom is a huge fan. She took an early Sunday morning walk around the stadium and discovered the Steelers office door and saw the players parking and going in. After that day, she wouldn't miss going to greet her guys coming for the game if we were docked below, and she was very insistent that I go with her every time, often to my teenage chagrin.

After a few times, I mustered the nerve to ask for autographs. I don't know if they are valuable, but I'd like to find out, and I'm willing to sell.

I have
    Chuck Noll
    Franco
    Terry
    Mike Webster
    Jack Ham(1 autograph, 1 signed photo)
    Myron Cope
    Steve Furness
    Mel Blount(3)
    Craig Wolfley(2)
    Dwayne Woodriff
    Loren Towes
    Mark Malone
    J.T. Thomas
    Dave Trout
    Sidney Thornton
    And one I cant decipher

2. Pastorgdm

Pastorgdm New Member

Apr 22, 2021
    Laura,

You have some great autographes. Some of them on your list are worth some money. You will need to send your autographes to a place that authenticates autographes. The best in my opinion is PSA DNA. The other 2 are Beckett authentication and JSA (James Spence Authentication) If you have any other questions, please let me know. Good Luck!

• Like Like x 1
  3. jimmyallen45

jimmyallen45 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Hi Laura- I have a fairly extensive Steelers autograph collection. Those are all pretty good names and have value. All of the Hall of Fame guys are great, and even a guy like David Trout is not a common signature. For years, he would not sign anything because he was afraid someone would use it for identity fraud. I finally got to be friendly with his wife via Ebay and got him to sign.
    If you have scans, then I'd be glad to take a look at them

• Like Like x 1