1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers attendance

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by jeh1856, Nov 21, 2022.

1. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Agreed. My niece and her BF missed kickoff because they were waiting for two hot dogs.

• Like Like x 1
  2. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    I don't remember seeing concessions lines as long pre-covid... Now the lines are so long you can't even move to the bathroom freely through the concourses.

I'm guessing its lack of help and its been like that for multiple seasons now last year and this year.

I just can't believe that many want to eat way over priced crap quality food and over priced Beer and other beverages.. but they do...

Also Beer vendors that used to go up and down aisles etc. they seemed to have disappeared hardly any of them anymore...

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011

Interesting you say that... the game I went to this year the lines in the 500 sections were insane. I went down at halftime to get some food and missed all the 3rd quarter. I waited forever.

*Side note... but why the hell are they serving Chickie and Pete's, and in particular their Chickie and Pete's Crab Fries:

That is an affront on 2 levels: First, Chickie and Pete's is a popular food joint in Philadelphia near where the Eagles play. They don't exist outside the Philly area. Lastly, Baltimore is the city known for anything crab and crab-flavored. Chickie and Petes appropriated it. So who are the Crab Fries for ... Raven's fans?

Last edited: Dec 12, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Not this again.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Yep, if you want a beer you have to stand in the long lines. I think you are right about being understaffed.

• Like Like x 1
  6. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    The lines for food and beer and the rr at half time are absurd. But I was in Cincinnati for the playoff game vs the Raiders and it was 5x worse. We were at the back of the section and the rr was right behind us. I immediately got up and in line at the 1/2 and still missed a few minutes of the 3rd, and I didn't get food or beer. The wait was so long, I was in pain and actually thought that I was going to piss myself before I got in.

If you think Heinz is bad, go to PBS, it's worse.

7. blitz_burgh

blitz_burgh

Nov 15, 2011

I just eat and drink while tailgating before the game. Only wait online to go to the bathroom if I have to and then eat again after the game until the cars die down.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

My son and I just went to the Buffalo game. 2 minute bathroom wait, 2 minute beer line wait. The key is to know when to go. If you wait til the end of the qtr or exactly at Halftime then you will wait much much longer. Same experience at Indianapolis. Heinz field was much worse though as I don't believe they sell beers out in the concourse by vendors. It's wait in line or nothing at all as far as I could tell.

On a side note, there was a Buffalo fan that was so drunk that he was just handing his wallet to the guy who was asking for ID. He couldn't get his wallet open and expected the vendor to do it for him. The Vendor shut him down but then the drunk started arguing with him to which he couldn't even speak. Just mumble jumble and then his friend started arguing that they weren't that drunk then the really drunk one reached into the tub and grabbed one. The vendor looked at me and said, you look sober what do you need, I said Bud Light, he grabbed it from the drunk and gave it to me. He told him he would have him arrested if he did it again and then said to him I told you you're shut off! Buffalo was site of some of the drunkest fans I've ever seen but as long as you didn't engage with them in conflict then there was no problem. Saw a Roethlisberger fan getting his tail kicked after the game in the parking lot. He kept going back for more and was taking quite a beating.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2022
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  9. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Hmm. What's the name of that app, sounds convenient. :lolol:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
  10. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

Yea, I need the IP address for that as well.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1