1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers at Lions official gameday thread

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Ender, Oct 29, 2017.

1. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    He means Dodge City pilgrim! * in my John Wayne voice*

2. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Ben needs to be better, hopefully they take a good long look at this offense during the bye week.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    Temazepam works real good for me.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    Is that a drug or the stuff in turkey?
    I'll just play it safe, and eat a turkey stuffed with sleeping pills

5. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Poor Ben I wished he still had it, we have the best weapons in the NFL and a almost done QB.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    The stuff in turkey is tryptophan.

7. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    Love that the Steelers pulled out a huge win but I gotta admit...I dread the drama that seems to follow a win.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    I fear just as the defense is turning the corner and becomes great, Ben's play will fall off a cliff and we'll be reliving the early Cower years with a smothering defense and spotty QB play.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    I think if Eli doesn't drop an easy TD we may have seen a very different Ben and a very different game.

And that throw to Juju on third down from his own endzone with the game on the line was a perfect ball. That play was clutch as hell.

Also the pass that Juju dropped late in the game was a sure first down to extend that drive and maybe ice the game. That throw was perfect too.

Ben's not the same, but I don't think he's done just yet.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  10. Steelers '08

Steelers '08 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2016
    Oh I’m not complaining but I think we sputter out way to much. Bad play calling and execution. That said I’ll take 6-2 going into the bye.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Do you realize the Dodgers gave up almost as many runs as the Steelers gave up points tonight? What a boring efficient pitcher's duel. NOT! Crazy game - along the lines of the Pirates/Yankees Game 7 in 1960.

12. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I agree. He also played good games back to back vs. KC and Cinci prior to last night. He still has enough to lead this offense when he plays smart. I am, however, troubled by how he keeps on forcing low percentage throws downfield that are clearly not open. I can understand that his physical skills have deteriorated a bit, but the mental part is a concern at times.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012

I agree to a point but what about the first play of the game, Ben/Steelers catch everyone sleeping and a perfect play call and has a wide open WR and he misses him bad. Another play Juju had to reach back for, not sure what is going on with Ben but he is way off. Dropped passes bye Eli and Juju don't help but Ben use to have 2-3 bad passes a game now he has 2-3 good passes. Love Ben but if he was half of what he use to be we would be scoring double the points. I hope the week off will help and we see something close to the old Ben.....

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Sure, the two drops hurt Roethlisberger's numbers, but he also missed some easy throws. The long pass to Smith-Schuster on the opening drive was badly underthrown. Hell, the kid had a shot at a long score on that one, too, if Roethlisberger makes a better throw. He also missed a wide-open Heyward-Bey in the end zone and James before the long touchdown. The Steelers were very lucky on that one that the Lions had coverage breakdowns on consecutive plays.

Roethlisberger also rushes throws a lot more than h e used to. As soon as he avoids the rush, the ball is out, rather than patiently buying time like he did as recently as last year. He is a much more limited player than he used to be.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    I'm going to laugh when Ben comes out killing it after the bye week!

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 3
  16. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    The stuff in turkey is a breadcrumb mixture with spices. No raisins, please. And you need to get the giblets out and away from the table at all costs, preferably in the trash. Is it Thanksgiving yet?

17. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    Glad you mentioned the bad throw to start the game. I really hate nit picking, but just like you said, that first play had a good shot at a td if Ben hits JuJu in stride.

And I hope Ben proves me wrong, but I don't think he's going to miraculously get better. He's limiting practices during the week to stay fresh and he's not taking a beating during games. A bye week isn't going to refresh him. I just think he's done.

And honestly, I don't think it's as much of a physical thing. He can still make the throws, just not consistently. I think he's like a cop about 2 months from retiring. He's thinking about life after and subconsciously, or maybe even consciously, trying to protect himself more than he used to. He's trying to avoid contact more than make a perfect pass. I just dont think his heart or head are in it anymore.

18. coldrolled

coldrolled Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2014
    1 out of 100

19. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    It's like pouring Reg fuel (ben) Into a high octane dragster ( the young and very talented offense)

20. TomlinSux

TomlinSux Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Same to you....idiot.

21. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    Thanks for the new Idea LOL

• Like Like x 1
  22. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    The stuff in the bottle is sleeping pills *innocent look*

23. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    I think it is more my cuz. TH. He needs to throw about 10 more times a game on 1st and 2nd down. Lind of like LeBeau defense. Everyone knew what we were going to do. Had I ever met TH I would call him and tell him. The reason JUJU got that 1st pass of the game so easy is, they knew it would be a Bell run

24. Steelcitian

Steelcitian Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2017
    Yeah Stafford looked like Brady in this game. only difference is Brady will finish drives in the end zone.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    I saw pressure from the defense. Only 2 sacks, but Stafford was hurried and made uneasy quite a few times. He's not the highest paid NFL player for nothing. The pressure we put on him is enough to disrupt 80% of the league's offenses.

I say again, can you imagine this offense with him at the helm? 30 points would be underachieving.