1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers at Broncos: Official GDT!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Lizard72, Nov 25, 2018.

1. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Listen there is no way you can compare Juju and Washington, you are right Juju is producing at a record level. However all this talk of benching our #3 or 4 wr is nuts how does that help him? Not every player is going to come in and catch fire like Juju did, he had 3 targets yesterday 3 the game before and none the game before that. Does he need to get better yeah maybe but he also needs some more chances. AB has a 58 catch % and he has the most targets that is where I would be more worried not the 3rd/4th wr who has 1/4 at best of targets then our play makers. jmo

2. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Never said anything about you being a sore loser, I hate losing as well but don't sit there and say they aren't a good team when they just beat 2 hot teams in the Chargers and the Steelers. Denver made the plays and we didn't, yesterday they were the better team as was the week before vs the Chargers.

3. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Actually, you did say that. And I'm just writing about what I saw. The Broncos were not that impressive, especially on defense. The Steelers handed them that game. They made game-changing mistake after game-changing mistake and still needed one more ugly one at the end to give Denver the game.

Miller only made a couple of plays, Chubb did nothing and the secondary left Steelers wide open all day.

4. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Upon further review your right I did say sore loser and I stand by that......now that I read my post again lol. At the end of the day the Broncos made the plays and if you don't agree I get it but they did. We turned the ball over 4 times and we didn't make the plays, Ben missing deep balls were proof of that.

We should of still won the game despite of all that but we didn't and the Broncos did making them the better team that day. And since they beat another good team the week before I call them a good team right now. As for Miller and Chubb I wanted to point out how well our line played vs these two but unfortunately there is so much bad to focus on I haven't been able to get myself to talk about the good in this game yet.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    The Broncos didn't make a play on the Conner fumble, unless you count the recovery. That was a gift. The Grimble fumble was a gift, too, but at least the defender hit him hard. Both interceptions were ugly throws right to a defender. As you pointed out, the Steelers had receivers wide open deep twice and didn't make the play, though putting both of those on Roethlisberger is unfair. The first was clearly a bad throw, but the second was on Washington.

I didn't see the Broncos' game against the Chargers. I'm not saying Denver is terrible. I'm just saying I wasn't that impressed with what they did against the Steelers. They were soundly beaten time and again only to have the Steelers bail them out with avoidable mistakes.

I'm sorry my honesty troubles you so much.

6. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Whatever man not much I can do to change your mind, both fumbles were good plays by the defense. If Conner don't fumble it would have been a tackle meaning it was a play, just cause he didn't hit the ball don't mean anything. Denver made the plays we didn't, we had balls that could have been intercepted as well but guess what we didn't make the play. As for the Washington play come on all the hate on Washington is laughable, a better throw and he don't have to even think about diving.....just saying.

One thing we can agree on if I am not that impressed with the Broncos either and I am not gonna call them a playoff team either. What I won't do is say they are a bad team when in back to back weeks they beat 2 of the hottest teams in the AFC. There is no mark on their record that we had 4 turnovers, but what you see is a W next to their name vs us and the Chargers. I get where your coming from and if we played the Donkeys 5 more time I bet we win 5 of them, but we didn't this time and that is all that matters!

As for your honesty troubling me sorry if you see it like that I see it as this is a message board and people talk how they feel. I think more times then not a lot of people here are trying to one up the next instead of talk about the team each of us roots for but that is what it is. I will go back and forth with anyone it don't mean I am trouble or mad. it just means we don't agree and you wrong and I am right...........:shrug::shrug::shrug::roflmao:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    You are more than welcome to continue to state your incorrect opinions. :)

I'm not at all impressed by the Broncos finally tackling Conner at the end of a long gain on the screen. The Broncos did nothing to force that fumble. Conner was just careless while trying to evade the tackler.

I don't remember Keenum throwing any balls right into the hands of Pittsburgh defensive players as Roethlisberger did twice Sunday for Denver players. To be fair, he did miss Sanders on one deep throw.

Again, I wouldn't call the Steelers' mistakes unforced errors so much as easily avoidable errors.

8. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012

Well I have no problem stating my correct opinions about the game and the fact that no matter what you think Denver did force the fumble when they tackled JC. Like I said before just because you don't touch the ball don't mean it isn't a forced fumble, Denver made the plays plain and simple and we didn't. You have your opinion on it and that is fine you and I are just :frustrated::frustrated::frustrated: talking to each other about it. However the cold hard facts are Denver got the win and we got the loss, add to that Dever beat the Chargers the week before tells me something. That would be the #2 & 3 seeds in the AFC at that time, wins matter no matter how you get them. That is why the SB is not a best of 5 series.....just sayin :smiley1:

9. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    The hit had nothing to do with the fumble. The defender didn't hit him hard. He didn't hit him anywhere near the ball. Conner simply lost control of the ball while trying to avoid the hit.

And yes, this conversation does feel like smashing heads against a brick wall.

10. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    The heck it doesn't the fact that the guy hit JC causing him to fly in the air which lead to the fumble....come on man!!!!!!

11. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Agreed. Steelers totally gave that game away, I don't even know how that is debatable. I don't think Denver was the better team at all.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    He didn't knock Conner into the air. Conner did that himself in a failed effort to avoid the tackle.

Watch the replay again and learn. Conner was already in the air before Roby hit him. Going airborne is always dangerous. It leaves the ball carrier vulnerable. Now that I look at it again, Conner's move was even worse than I thought.

13. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Watch the play again man open your eyes.........

14. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I just did. Conner was in the air before Roby touched him. The claim that Roby's hit knocked Conner into the air is ridiculous and wrong.

• Disagree Disagree x 1