1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers at Broncos: Official GDT!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Lizard72, Nov 25, 2018.

1. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Disappointed to lose. Though the signs it was going to be one of those games were there early on.

Broncos are better than their record suggests. They got a lot of breaks in the first half, which is part of football. We still looked the better team (esp in the first half) but execution let us down.

Steelers need to use this game for some key learning points and come back tighter next week.

2. 69-2now

69-2now Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2017
    Well, at least we didn't score 51 points and lose.

That makes me feel better :herewego:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Apparently, you have as much trouble reading as you do writing. While I did make mention of your atrocious spelling and punctuation, I was calling you out for the content of your posts.

That said, presentation matters and yours is awful.

4. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I am not even a little bit impressed by the Broncos. They aren't good. They normally can't stop the run and they left receivers wide open all day. They blew the coverage on deep throws three times and were lucky the Steelers screed up two of them. They left Grimble wide open on the first fumble. They let Conner burn them badly on a screen, then got lucky when he fumbled it on a hit nowhere near the ball. Denver's offense was pretty good, but the defense was just very, very lucky.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Yeah my wife pointed that out as well, and then they told a story about how nobody drafted him and when Denver called he wanted to turn down the offer cause he was mad and his mom talked him into signing with them. I feel like the kid is playing with a chip on his shoulder but also mad at the world.

6. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Kudos to him for owing up but still sucks it happened.

7. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    So many people act like catching a ball is the easiest thing to do. I see many of our stars do it as a matter of fact the last few game Juju has had a few of them. I think benching Washington is a little strong, we need weapons and he is one. Benching him isn't gonna help it is gonna hurt we need to get his confidence up. jmo

8. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    This was a team loss I am pretty sure nobody gets a free pass imo.

9. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Yeah cause they just didn't beat 2 hot teams in back to back weeks in the Chargers and Steelers right? With that said we could of won this game with no problem but turnovers are part of the game and they just don't happen they are earned. Grimble didn't just put the ball down and Conner didn't just give the ball to Denver. The Broncos earned it making plays with is a sign of a good team, the same can be said about the int's and the blocked kick. To say this team isn't good is just being a sore loser. Maybe we aren't that good ever think of that? I am looking at us and say wow Ben played like crap for 3 quarters last week and we barely beat the Jagoffs. Then I look and see the Bills beat them and go wow we are suppose to be twice the team the Bills are..........

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    He needs to get over it, it happens to a lot of players. He didn't get drafted because he's like 5'7.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Typical fan doesn't know anything about football :facepalm:

12. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    What kills me is how do you screw that play up that bad?

You had no plan on how you were going to attack the goalline?

13. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Why would he blame himself for players fumbling footballs and throwing interceptions? If the players protected the football, there is no way this game is lost. You can tell people to do it until you're blue in the face. They have to do it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    For real. Sometimes I don't think people know what the hell they are talking about.

15. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Put the ball in Ben's hands last week and he won it. Do the same thing this week and he loses it. No one questioned the OC's call last week because we won. Easy to look and criticize one play.

The issue this game which has been the case with others if turnovers.

16. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Plenty of people questioned it last week. Just saying they look confused more often than not on those types of plays. That's the same thing they had trouble with ending the Patriots game last year! same pressed for time cluster!

17. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Because last week we played the worst qb in the nfl(since peterman is a free agent). We were lucky to win that game.

18. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Smith-Schuster is producing at an elite level. Washington is producing nothing. I mean that literally. He did not catch a single pass yesterday. He has one catch in the last three games combined. I wasn't talking about benching him just because he dropped a pass. It was that drop in context with his lack of production.

19. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    The sore loser thing is a ridiculous leap of logic. I'm not angry at the Broncos for winning. I'm telling you what I think of what I saw. The Steelers gave away the game. They made devastating mistake after devastating mistake and they still had first-and-goal at the three with a chance to tie the game late.

Actually, Conner did just give the ball to Denver. He wasn't hit anywhere near the ball. He was being hit low and it popped out of his hand.

The defender did at least deliver a good hit on Grimble, but again, that was a gift. Grimble admitted as much. All he had to do was cut inside for an easy score, but he wanted to run through somebody.

The blocked kick was a nice play. The interceptions were terrible throws into coverage.

The Steelers are playing badly right now. If the Steelers really aren't that good, as you suggest, that actually supports my point that the Broncos weren't that impressive.

20. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Missed opportunities are the factors that leave lesser teams in games. It was poor situational awareness and execution on a couple critical plays that cost us the game. When mistakes cause you to play tight one possession games,you're gonna win some and lose some. The play calling was good the whole game up until the last 3 plays. That is where a combination of poor play calling (design) and poor situational awareness (Ben) cost us the game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    You're theory doesn't hold up as the QB does not play defense. The point is they put the game in Ben's hands last week and they won. This week they did the same and lost.

And then people want to blame Tomlin, but no one was crying about Tomlin last week.

22. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    My point is we played pretty similar to last week. Problem was we had to do way more on offense because Keenum although is not good hes a lot better than bortles.

23. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Somebody questioned why the Steelers' defense never hits anybody hard enough to force a fumble. Broncos' tight end Jeff Heuerman suffered broken ribs and a bruised lung, ending his season, due to a hit in yesterday's game.

24. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I agree needs to put a positive on it, look what he has done it is a good story he is making it bad with his trash talk. jmo

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Am I the only one who noticed Conner limping a little?