1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers at Broncos: Official GDT!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Lizard72, Nov 25, 2018.

1. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Once again, he was forcing the ball to Brown. That's what he did on both interceptions today. Neither ball had much of a chance, though the Broncos did get away with grabbing Brown on the first one.

The two interceptions were ridiculous mistakes. Just as importantly, the Steelers had receivers all alone down the field three times in the second half and managed to complete the pass only once. That is inexcusable. The first one was clearly a bad throw. The second was a little overthrown, but mostly it was Washington screwing up.

By the way, it is time to sit Washington. He is useless and he made one of the many game-changing mistakes today.

The defense doesn't get off the hook, either. Haden played badly, getting burned deep twice. Once again, they didn't force any turnovers. They got only two sacks, struggled against the run and blew coverages far too often. If the offense did its job today, nobody would be complaining about the defense, but they certainly take some responsibility for the loss.

2. dirty

dirty Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I'm just glad I didn't have to sit through this game live. I was furiously fast forwarding at the end to just see the plays. Heck I even started fast forwarding when the Broncos had the ball as well since I didn't want to deal with the madness.

3. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Right now, I'm more concerned with Rivers. That game next week just became very big and the Chargers have a much better offense than the Broncos. Gordon is every bit as quick and explosive as Lindsey, but he's better overall. Rivers is far better than Keenum. This could all start to get very ugly very quickly.

Most importantly, the Steelers have played like crap in consecutive games since the blowout of the Panthers. They need to right the ship and take care of business at home next week. They beat themselves today and they tried to do it last week, too. That kind of effort will lead to a butt-kicking by a team like the Chargers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    LMAO CUT HIM NOW

• Like Like x 1
  5. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    All he does is win the majority of his games, they just had a 6 game winning streak are 15-2-1 on the road the last 2 seasons :shrug:.

6. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    I see he gets credit for he wins but not the loses , gotcha :thumbs_up:

7. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    You're full of crap, did you give Tomlin any credit for that 6 game winning streak? Of course you didn't. They lost the turnover battle 4-0, and had a FG blocked and you want to blame the HC for the loss :facepalm:. Get a clue already.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. H-Bomb

H-Bomb Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2012
    We just suck in Denver now, to many cough ups at crucial times. Mile high air just messes em up.

9. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

Why would i give Tomlin credit for anything, He sucks, and you get a ****ing clue, When the whole team comes out and ****s itself its usally bcause the coach doesnot have tjhem prepared to play.. Have u forgot how well his teams play against loosing teAms ...

10. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Blah blah blah, you're freaking clueless as usual. Learn how to freaking spell already :facepalm:.

11. TheMatrixHasYou

TheMatrixHasYou Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2018

I think Ben decided before the play that he was going to throw it to Brown crossing in the end zone.

That's just Ben. He has bad games sometimes and sometimes even when he's having a bad game he can pull it together and come back and win, like the Jaguars game. Sometimes he can't, like the Steelers vs Packers Super Bowl ending.

I think we still win the division but we'll have to see.

This season is one of the most exciting seasons of football I've ever seen.

12. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Some times Ben has flashes of playing like Neil O'Donnell in the Red Zone.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I'm going to phone Ashley and tell her to not give Ben any more Puss until he starts playing better!!!:steelflag:

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Broncos RB Lindsay is a good player so far, but he's too mouthy, yapping after every play. I wanted one of the Steelers defenders to lay a good hit on him, teach that rookie a lesson.

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    That was an incredibly stupid thing to do and it was one of many mistakes that could have easily swung the game the Steelers' way if they didn't screw it up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Well, the X-Man has integrity, I'll give him that. Too bad he had to learn the hard way.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    The sad part is they need him. They use three tight ends and I think they need to play at least two of them more often, if for no other reason than to take snaps away from Washington.

Washington earned another benching today. The one thing he was supposed to be able to do was make big plays down the field. He ran a great route but blew the catch. If they can't even trust him to make those plays, what is the point of having him on the field?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Switz is our 3rd imo

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

**** Tomlin and you to if you dont like my spelling dont ****ing read it

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  20. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Your spelling and punctuation are atrocious, but the larger issue is your reaction to this game. Mike Tomlin certainly deserves some blame for the team's struggles, but this one was very much on the players.

• Agree Agree x 2
  21. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I agree, but Washington still seems to be getting more snaps than he deserves.

22. bobby

bobby Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2015
    This is where 26 mattered the most. Its embarrassing to se the steelers for empty backfield inside the 5 .conner seams to have hit the wall I hope he gains a second wind

23. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    I dont give a **** what anyone thinks abt my spelling and punctuation,, LOL To call someone out on how they spell is prty weak IMO,. But it seems there are a few people here that love to do it ..

24. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Vance went out with a hip or something at that point.

25. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    I get a kick out of how people are blaming fumbles and picks on Tomlin.

It doesn't take a genius to figure out that wasn't part of the game plan. The players lost this game. Too many critical mistakes at critical times.

• Agree Agree x 2