1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers at Broncos: Official GDT!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Lizard72, Nov 25, 2018.

1. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Would not get my vote!!! This is a game he should have won but he gave it away with bad decisions when it counted!!!

2. Steel Acorn

Steel Acorn Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Often because is is true.

3. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    There is zero chance of getting a bye. We'll end up the 4, playing the top wild card team and then, if we're lucky enough to win, we'll go to KC and that'll be it.

4. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Or use BOTH hands...Was at the 1 yard line minimum

5. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    On Grimble's fumble, if he stutters at the three, he walks in to the end zone to the right of the defender. He tried to bowl the guy over and cost his team a sure TD in the process.

• Agree Agree x 5
  6. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    and what are Washingtons at this point. Actually DHB was catching the ball a ,OT better the rare times they threw to him years ago:smiley1:

7. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Yeah he tried to play hero. Idiotic play by him.

8. TheMatrixHasYou

TheMatrixHasYou Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2018
    The loss is not on the defense at all. Ben's turnovers, Conner's fumble, the blocked field goal, and Grimble losing the ball into the end zone cost us this game.

We will make the playoffs because we're going to win the division. We might not go far or we might win the whole thing. You don't know what's going to happen. That's what the NFL is all about.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    well, when you only get the opportunity to make one play per few games, it has to be big and splashy!
    Hahahahahahaha!

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I'm not saying he would replace Switzer. He could possibly offer more than Washington is giving us right now. When we are going 4 wide I would rather have Rogers on the field if he shows well enough in practice. I know it's a big if but if we don't start him practicing now we will never know. Washington is giving us nothing and he seems totally out of wack ,like he forgot how to play WR....

11. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

I wished Tomlin would be acountable once, i never heard him ever say that.. Tomlin is nothing more than a talking head

12. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Agree. I’m not happy, but I can’t control any of it. We’re just along for the ride.

13. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Had the game on in the background while working so I wasn't locked into it. Good to hear about Chuks.

I was kind of expecting to lose this game, how they lost was disappointing though. Why was Grimble playing? He tried to do his best Vance imitation and got owned by a guy half his size.

Bens int that led to a Broncos TD and Conners fumble were game changers as well. Can't play that sloppy of a football game, on the road no less and expect to win.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I would have shared.

• Like Like x 1
  15. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

Iwould not hire a waterboy from OSU and we draft 2 players from there .. lol

16. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Agreed. I just don't buy the idea that the defender did anything special there.

I do give the Broncos credit for rallying to the ball and tackling soundly all game. Aside from Smith-Schuster's touchdown, the Steelers did very little after the catch today.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Defender laid a lick on him, he buckled him, that was a heck of a shot.

Thought the same thing Sod did though, easily could have went behind him. Tried to be a tough guy and lost.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Steelerman82

Steelerman82 New Member

Nov 25, 2018
    First of all, credit to the Broncos. People on this forum calling them awful were SORELY mistaken today- this is the 2nd week in a row they beat a 7-win team, and lost to the Chiefs and Rams by a combined 7 points. They are a scrappy tough-as-**** team that can give any NFL team a rough go of it on the wrong day...

That being said, too many stupid mistakes by us today. Fundamentals lacking, questionable play-calling, bad rush defense and mostly turnovers killed us! But if we need a bad loss to turn it around I'll take it. I just hope it's not same **** different year...

I do think Tomlin needs to go after the season. He lacks killer instinct... We'll see how the rest of the year plays out. This one stung for sure!

19. Hearts / Steelers

Hearts / Steelers Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2018
    This! We left a probable 21 points off the board through completely avoidable screw-ups. However, can someone PLEASE tell me who tf Ben was throwing that last ball to?
    As for your "because we're going to win the division" comment, with Chargers/Saints/Pats games still to come, it suggests it may not be quite that straightforward.

I still can't believe that last attempt of a play call. :(

20. Junebug

Junebug Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2018
    Ben SUCKED today (been happening a lot lately)
    Conner is no LB
    Our defensive secondary is a joke
    Tomlin needs to go

21. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Right on. They probably used their one mulligan against the Jagoffs last week with the turnovers. Denver isn't anything special, but they're better than Jax right now and asking your defense to overcome another handful of turnovers a week later was too much as it turned out. Still had a chance with under a minute left, so it wasn't like they were run out of the building. I have faith. Can't turn and burn on the black & gold. I expect them to bounce back with an all around effort and defeat the homeless Chargers next week.

22. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

Iagree with your last 2 statements

23. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    If you're going to take the guy on, you have to have the ball tucked on the other side and two hands on it. I'm not saying it wasn't a good hit. It was. But as you said, he could have easily scored by cutting back or taking better care of the ball.

24. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Quite the ride I would say! :lolol:

Let us hope that next week's ride is a little more smoother.

25. Junebug

Junebug Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2018
    Drew Brees will eat our secondary for lunch..............just in time for Christmas.