1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers are on bye week

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by HeinzMustard, Nov 5, 2017.

1. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    I have nothing negative to say. What college QBs should the Steelers draft on Ben's imminent retirement? Miami and VA Tech QBs did not impress me.

This is supposed to be a QB rich draft in '18. Educate me. I want to know who is the heir to Roethlisberger and Bradshaw's throne. Enlighten me with your wisdom Steelers fans. Who the hell is the future? I think Landry Jones is the '18 future. Thoughts? Critical thinking?

2. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I am not a college football follower. When the Steelers drafted Ben it was the first I ever heard of him. I was pleased when I read people who do follow the NCAA say we finally had a QB that can get us to the SB. Now if he can just do it one more time I'll be happy waiting for whoever we get to develop.

I never bought a jersey until I bought Ben's the day after we drafted him. I live in Eagle land and there had to be 10-15 brand spanking new Carson Wentz jerseys in the supermarket today.

3. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Thank goodness we drafted Ben at #11 in the '04 draft. Buffalo would have gotten him and they would have won Super Bowls. JP Losman.

4. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Doubt there is any way possible to get him, but Oklahoma State's Mason Rudolph is who we need. He's a beast. Listed at 6'5" 230lbs but plays bigger, if you can believe it. Long list of accolades. Strong arm, accurate under duress.

Writeup from OSU: Already the owner of no fewer than 11 school records, he is in position to set OSU career records for pass attempts, pass completions, passing yards and passing touchdowns in the 2017 season and he also has a very real chance to finish his career as the most efficient passer in Oklahoma State history.

He's in a class of good qb's. Bigger programs/names to possibly drop him out of top 5 picks. But I don't see how he drops out of top 10. He's still my pick, though. He has the size and strength to be compared to a young Ben and raw ability to be a better passer.

5. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I think this thread belongs in the Bill Nunn draft forum :shrug:.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Rudolph is a guy the Steelers would probably have to trade up for IMO.

7. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Most definitely. We better be picking last and have to work a miracle to move up to get him. But realistically, it won't happen. We don't usually make big moves.

8. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    I would rather nab a safety in round 1 and target a QB in round 2.

The depth of Quarterbacks in the class in terms of talent is deep. For safeties? After Minkah and Derwin, big drop off.

9. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    They need to find Mitchell's replacement asap.