1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers are Home Dogs

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Hardini68, Oct 4, 2021.

1. Hardini68

Hardini68 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2018
    The Steelers probably won’t be favored again all year. They need to be smart and use this season to evaluate and keep their decent players healthy. Put another QB in and see if Canada’s offense is something to move forward with. Let’s face it it’s time to seek trades for over priced players and get in position for a top 5 draft. It was a nice run but they are chasing a ghost.

2. SuperSteelers

SuperSteelers Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2018
    Not surprising at all. Denver can beat the Steelers even with a backup QB starting.

3. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    As they should be.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Benny Lava

Benny Lava Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2019
    The Steelers literally have the worst offense in the NFL. You have to score points on offense to win.

The signature play of the 2021-2022 Steelers offense is a pass for -2 yards.

5. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    I have the Steelers -1

Id start looking for Minkah trades at the deadline try to get a 2nd this year

6. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    SMH

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Jujubean

Aug 12, 2019
    Glen you can’t possibly think this team can turn this around to be a championship caliber team? Right???

8. Mike T

Mike T Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2018
    Minkah is 24 years old and a stud. Why would you trade him? Thats just silly. you traded a first for a sure thing, you have the player pay him. Players get paid. if you trade players cause they are gonna get paid you will be a bottom dweller for eternity. What you don't do is Pay aging veterans that are on the decline based on what they did before for some nostalgic reason.

I mean what is your plan trade away the best young players for lower draft picks in hopes that you draft someone remotely as good and if they are good just trade them away when you have to pay them? you dont trade away top talent in their prime!

• Agree Agree x 5
  9. Jujubean

Aug 12, 2019
    Minkah has been unspectacular for quite sometime now. He is not nearly as good as some people on here make him out to be. We already wasted enough money on Watt. Have you seen this offense? With today’s rules you are not winning crap without an excellent offense. We need to start paying for lineman and WRs/TEs and draft a QB

10. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    You really want to trade Fitzpatrick ? That’s just plain stoopid. And for a 2nd? That’s dumb.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  11. Mike T

Mike T Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2018
    I'm sure your a cool dude to hang out with and have a beer with. Nothing personal but your thoughts and opinions on building a NFL roster and Talent evaluation are pretty off. I wouldn't even let you have a vote in hiring the ball boy based on your statements here.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  12. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    The biggest problem with Minkah is that he’s been taken out of his best role, which is a single high safety. Hopefully our dadgum brilliant coaching staff will look back to how great Minkah was in that role and stop trying to turn him into Troy.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Jujubean

Aug 12, 2019
    I mean I’d take a first but don’t think he will get that. What the hell is Minkah doing for us? 2019 he made a bunch of lucky turnovers and defensive TDs. That will never happen again as witnessed last year and 4 games into this one. If he was that great Miami wouldn’t have traded him.

14. Jujubean

Aug 12, 2019
    Agree to disagree no problems here brother. None of these hypothetical trades ever happen anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
  16. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    That should have been the plan since March, instead we've now got $25M of dead money next year for players who will be gone.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Mike T

Mike T Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2018
    Our entire front line is decimated right now that affects all DB's. Not mention the rest of the injuries. Minkah is a great player and generally regarded as a top 10 safety in the league (sometimes even in the top 5) Thats across all safeties free and strong. He can't do it all by himself. Almost universally if there is no pressure created up front all DB's will eventually fail. No Db or group of DB's can cover forever. I think you might have forgotten what our Safety play was like before Minkah came along. The guy is a stud.

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    This is what the Steelers did from 2015-18 and the defense couldn't recover from the Shazier injury, until they acquired Minkah.

19. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    I have to admit I'm shocked by that grade. He's been beaten a couple of times, but that wouldn't sink his grade that low.

20. Jujubean

Aug 12, 2019
    This is Minkahs 4th NFL Season I mean it’s hard to compare anybody to Troy but by Troy’s 4th year there was hardly one game that went by where he wasn’t a complete force. Minkah is nowhere near that level. He is the perfect example of a guy who gets way more hype than actual results. Troy may not be the best Safety comparison because SS vs FS I suppose. If that’s the case let’s look at Ed Reed. 10X the player that Minkah could ever dream of being.

21. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    In my opinion....which could very well Be wrong is they are trying 2 get Minkah 2 do 2 much, because they know what T. Edmunds is, and our CBs.

22. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Are you just making stuff up? The Steelers are favored -1.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Minkah made an incredible game changing play in the Packer game. The fact that the refs blew the call doesn't change the fact he made an extremely athletic play to not only block the kick but to keep his balance, scoop up the ball and outrace everyone to the endzone. There is no way we should trade him.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  24. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    I took the SMH as referring to the idea to trade Minkah. And I agree.

• Like Like x 1
  25. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    Trading Minkah, depending on what you may get in return, is not outrageous, imo.

Hell, trading anyone for draft picks is not outrageous at this point, if you get enough value in return.

This team has so many deficiencies right now, getting as many draft picks as possible has to be a strategic priority.