1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers are going to get smoked next week.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by 86WardsWay, Dec 19, 2021.

1. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    This game with the Chiefs they have to come out on offense and try something different. No huddle, up tempo anything but what they have been doing. This game is gonna require 4 good quarters of football if they wanna have any shot. Waiting around until halftime and acting like the 1st few drives of this game don’t matter like Tomlin said last week will get the Steelers blown out of this game by halftime much like the Bengals game in Cincinnati.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  2. Dusty1

Dusty1 Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    We got the W, but not much else to celebrate. We won the turnover stat 4-0 but barely squeaked out the win.

Tomlin over here acting like he just clinched a playoff bye week, blowing kisses and stuff. What a clown. If anyone was wondering who poured the cultural foundation of these Steelers teams, just watch that meme. It all makes sense that the D gives up nearly 30 unanswered points to the Vikings but wants to pose in the end zone after a turnover. Guess .500 is good enough these days.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Their only chance is if the Chiefs play below the steelers high-school level.

4. steel_d_curtain

steel_d_curtain Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2011
    You’re joking right? You do know the Steelers are clicking right now at a perfect time. Bush and Schobert are starting to click. Mahomes gets concussion this week book it.

pay attention stop being Debra downer!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

I wonder if during MT's interview, he envisioned himself blowing kisses on the sidelines if he could just BS his way to this job security. What a strange camera shot that was.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Man Tomlin is deep in your head.

7. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    How many sticks do we need to measure? I like and understand what you're saying, but, if we can't beat the Lions, at home, do we really need KC to be a measuring stick? I really wish I could believe that what I've seen over the past month can change. We need the other teams we play to do things to help us cross the finish line because we have little to no organic means to do so by ourselves. Then again, it is another week in the NFL. JMO>

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012

Meh. I just find it bizarre when an NFL HC blows kisses on the sidelines. Maybe after winning a SB during the parade but squeaking out a win to maintain his non losing season track record seems a bit much. JMHO.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    In all of the time since we won against the Titans, you are the only one that I've seen state that our Pittsburgh Steelers team is "clicking" right now. Since no one else on the planet is expressing similarly about our team like you are, can you define what "clicking" means? JMO>

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Sorry bro, but you’re hung up on a lot of stuff with Tomlin.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. Coolhandluke23

Coolhandluke23 Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2021
    I do think the steelers are clicking to.i have noticed in the last 2 games bush looked faster to me. He almost had a pick vs titans.we can beat the chiefs.mahomes is having a bad year. There run game is not as good as ours.they have 2 good players kelce and hill that's it!!!!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. steel_d_curtain

steel_d_curtain Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2011
    I love the sideline bickering, the drama. Ben, yelling at everyone, Heyward yelling at everyone. Harris yelling at Claypool for the hot dog move against the Vikes. It’s healthy.

Pittsburgh is saving their best for last. I see the talent and they could still play better. They gelling together nicely, slowly.

I see Super Bowl and that’s why the Chiefs are posting fake covid results. They fear us!!! We are the team to beat. You guys don’t know football.

like I said Bush and Schobert will only get better. If our OL step up Harris will run all night long it’s ready to happen!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012

I admit. I am not a big Mike Tomlin fan at all but if he can get this team to the playoffs and make some noise I will have a new level of respect for him. If he can get this team to the SB and win it I will blow kisses his way all through the offseason.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Coolhandluke23

Coolhandluke23 Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2021
    Ingredients. To beat the chiefs. Stop the run. Put pressure on mahomes. Give the ball to Harris and Johnson. And the last ingredient. 3 turnovers. 2 interceptions and 1 fumble.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  15. chris2fer

chris2fer Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2016
    Pat Mahomes walks funny, am I wrong? No I’m not.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012
    I'd walk funny too if I had that big of a wallet.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I was just going 2 say it's His thick wallet that makes him walk funny. :thumbs_up:

18. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Personally I’m sick of Tomlin. It is what it is though. For me continuing to blab about it is just redundant.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. hmmmmm

hmmmmm Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2020
    Ravens beating the Bengals is the least likely thing on the list

20. hmmmmm

hmmmmm Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2020
    If there are 3 games left in the regular season and we have a grocery list of things that have to go our way to make the playoffs. Then you are already eliminated it’s just not official yet.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. SteelReal

SteelReal Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2020
    Been saying and thinking this since the Detroit tie. Reminds me too much of 2018 when they tied the Browns first game of season, had that terrible loss to the Raiders down the stretch, and then had to rely on a couple of teams to lose last game of the season. They blew multiple opportunities then, and the same can be said now, to control their own destiny and it caught up to them.

22. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
  23. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012

And then it all came down to the last game of the season where the Steelers beat the Bengals at home and then 50,000 of us remained in the stadium rooting for Baker Mayfield to save our playoff chance. Faker then threw an INT to seal our fate. This season seems eerily familiar.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Same here, but I’m still going to vent about him on occasion though. When he finds new ways to be dopey or negligent it’s hard not to vent just a little bit.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  25. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1