1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers adding seats to the stadium formally known as Heinz Field

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by sec108, Mar 25, 2024.

1. sec108

sec108 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    For the 2024 season, the Steelers are adding ~ 100 seats so the fans can “enjoy an on-field experience”. They are looking at adding two rows of 50 each with row 1 at field level and the 2nd row elevated behind them. They will be located between sections 105/106—mid section 109. There is no seat license and the ticketholders will have access to the PNC Champions Club below the score board. Free Beer and Wine through the third quarter with a nice menu of food including Tomahawk Steak, Crab Cakes etc which is also included. The price for 1 season ticket is $12,500!

I was contacted by the Steelers to let us know that seats will be in front of us this season and to give us first dibs on those seats. I told the caller that I have sat in those seats! A season ticket holder since 1992, we were in the first row at Three Rivers Stadium, awesome seats until the players took the field along with team owners/management, their kids, the chain gang, the ball boy, medical staff, medical tents, kicking nets, media personnel, NFL Films and for night and playoff games the vehicle mounted with TV cameras driving back and forth. The line of site, from our seats, covered less than 33% of the field if you were sitting. We stood while the play was in the other 67% of the field. These seats will not be worth the premium that they are offering them.

Personally, if I had $12.5k or more like it $25k sitting round, I would pay a 1 time purchase price for 2 seat licenses in the club and pay, depending on section, between $2,700-$3,500 each seat for season tickets. Would have to forego free beer and tomahawk steak. It will be interesting to see the reactions of fans regarding the site lines.

Guess Ill have to watch my language from now on!

• Informative Informative x 3
  2. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    those will be nice for the home playoff games, oh wait......... nevermind. :cool:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  3. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I just paid my season ticket

I opted for them to automatically charge my card when home playoff game tickets become available

Seriously

• Like Like x 1
  4. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    i really hope they get to raid your account. :smiley1::cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    55th season

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    I've sat in the PNC (and formerly just called the) Champions club seats several times over the years. One year my wife got a ball from and hug from Leveon Bell while he was stretching and warming up he also signed it.
    Every time I sat in the seats I end up being seen on TV etc.

The best part of them when they play in down there its almost like your in the game its that close.

When the play is in the other end, the worst seats you can sit in, you might as well just watch the jumbotron to see what is going on.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Rocky Mtn

Rocky Mtn Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2023
    Impressive!

8. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    55 years as a season ticket holder? WOW!

I've been to one game. For my 9th birthday, my dad took me to the Cleveland game on Jan. 2,1983. They won. It was Jack Hams last regular season game.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Very! Impressive! Keep it going JEH.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I hope you are still enjoying games with your dad

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Don't feel bad, I've been to a few games but it was way back before the SB era. In the SB era I've been to 2 pre-season games and we won them both. Both were against the Eagles home and away. I was glad the last one I went to was a prelude to SB ring #6. The one in Philly I was by the tunnel and waved to some rookie named Joe Green.

I was a younger man I'd absolutely head up to see a Steeler game in Sept. I'd want to take in a Pirate game too. Driving is tough for me. Pirates don't play in October but if they did, I'd probably take a huge chuck of money out and Uber up for a Steeler game and a Pirate Playoff game.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2024
    • Like Like x 1