1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers 2014 Schedule

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TerribleTowelFlying, Apr 23, 2014.

1. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    Only one game out of our time zone. Tenn. Love this travel schedule.

2. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Thats the game I am hoping to attend. Coming from Ontario Canada with my family and friends .

Looking very forward to coming to the Burgh again.

Bman

3. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    probably make them take the bus.:eek:
    :cool:

4. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    We get to open this season at home, against the Clowns...
    What`s not to like?!?!
    Sure, they`ve "re-vamped"...
    Brought in a brand new coach (again)...
    Will probably have a brand new QB (again)...
    Got a few new D-backs... Dansby is a definite upgrade, along with Whitner, tho, he is "old"...
    Then we play `em about 4 weeks later, at their house...
    As some on here like to say...
    "WE WILL CRUSH `EM!!!"...
    I`m not scared of them at the beginning of the season...
    I thought they were gonna take a step forward last year... then...
    They played the games...
    Our biggest problem, recentley, has been, taking care of the teams we should beat...
    With Tomlin, and Ben at the helm, preaching to the rest of the team, that we just gotta handle our business,...
    Not, overlook, the teams we should beat...
    This really could be our year to get the 7th Lombardi, back to the Burgh!!!:towel:
    Personally, I love the one O`clock games, and I wish we didn`t have so many "primetime" games, but, at least I can watch em from home!:herewego!:
    Ain`t all bad.... And I did read an article, where we have one of the "easier" schedules in the league this year...
    Like 6th easiest, based on opponent`s records, from last year...
    I really don`t put much faith in that tho, due to the turnover of players within the league...
    No team is the same from the end of one year, to the beginning of the next...
    But, I think we still have a core of returning players, that should be able to compete with ANY other team in the league...
    HERE WE GO STEELERS!!! HERE WE GO!!!...:herewego!:

5. HawkeyeJames

HawkeyeJames Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I like that we open with Cleveland who will be starting a new QB, possibly a rookie. Week 2 is a big game. Beat the Ratbirds and we have two wins in the division and are sitting in the drivers seat for the division.

The key this year is being able to finish games in which we should win, against lesser opponents. Take care of business and then keep the lead. This is where I think Munch will really help. Hopefully he can get our line back to the point when we get a lead we grind out some first downs and shorten the game.

Looking forward to seeing the Steelers get back to the playoffs at a minimum this year!

6. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    A bigger factor is how many pro bowl caliber QB's you face, we face five and if you count Dalton, then 7. Those 5 or 7 games are crucial. We face 2 in the first 8 games (Cam Newton is injured) I want us no worse then 6-2 at the half way point.