1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers +1000 to win AFC North

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Brice, Jul 5, 2022.

1. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Yeah with him I'd say it's about 60/40. But with deshaun it's not close.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Gotta have tough skin. Belichick berated Brady for years.

3. Holla back

Holla back Member

Jul 10, 2022
    Mitch may surprise alot of people. Look at his head to head stats vs Rodgers.
    In 5 games Rodgers 61% completion. Trubisky 60%. Rodgers 235 ypg. Trubisky 242 ypg. Rodgers 9 TDs, 1 int. Trubisky 6TDs, 5 ints. Mitch beat Rodgers in a must win game in 2019 going 20 for 28, 235 yrds, 2 TDs and no ints. And the Bears won the NFC NORTH
    Everyone says it's a QB driven league but that doesn't explain how Jalen Hurts, Derek Carr, Tannenhill, Mac Jones, Big Ben, Garapolo all made the playoffs. While Herbert, Lamar Jackson, Kirk Cousins, Russell Wilson all missed the playoffs.

4. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Quite a bit went right for them as well; having one of the easiest NFL Schedules being quite a big reason. This is not to say that Joe Burrow is not the real deal (he is) but if people truly believe that the Bengals are just going to coast to another AFC North Crown might want to understand two aspects regarding their fellow AFC North competitors. They are as follows;

1.) Baltimore literally had about half their roster on IR... and they were still one game with some help from being in the NFL Playoffs. That is astronomically incredible to the point of absurd. To believe that Baltimore will be even less despite having their roster back to 100% with the additions of two Pro Bowl level rookies (yes I said that) is very short sighted and unfair. Sure the future regarding Lamar Jackson is still very much up in the air (in terms of total guaranteed money anyways) but the Ravens are still very much a big player in the AFC Playoff Race.

2.) It is fair to question how far the Steelers will go given the fact that the teams OT, RB and EDGE depth are... not even good and never mind among the best. It is also fair to question whether or not Matt Canada can be an effective play caller even with the additions of the likes of Trubisky, Pickens, CA3, James Daniels and Mason Cole. Again though, to assume Pittsburgh will finish worse than a year ago in which the Offensive Line was worse, the Interior Defensive Line was in shambles with the exception of Cam Heyward and most of all, Big Ben truly was on his last legs, is just as short sighted as the aforementioned woes of Baltimore from a season ago.

Truth be told, between the Steelers, Ravens and Bengals, it is anyone's division this season. As ridiculous as that sounds given what Cincy just accomplished, much of Cincy's success was predicated on the woes of both Pittsburgh and Baltimore, Cleveland's never ending shortcomings, an easy schedule and a series of breaks during their playoff run; some of those breaks being truly unbelievable in it of itself. With a healthier AFC North, a tougher schedule and the likelihood of Cincy escaping the injury bug being unlikely, it is fair to question if Cincy can retake their throne as "Kings of the North". I myself do not count out Cincinnati to win but I do not see them as the clear odds on favorites either.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Steelvision

Steelvision Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2022
    STD:
    Trubisky playing to his strengths (throwing on the run or designed rollouts) is a good thing. It should keep the defenses guessing and off balance (maybe i should've phrased it that way - apologies). And it should help his confidence for those times where he is in the pocket. I see it as a Kordell type situation where Kordell was at his best when he was always a threat to run. MT should also thrive when he's a threat to scramble, throw on the run or just take off. and not try to just be a pocket passer. I think this is Canada's preference also. Not saying it will work - just trying to guess at his most likely path to success. Like i said though, i think Pickett is the future - I hope he makes up for the previous Pitt Panther we missed out on

• Like Like x 1
  6. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    You assume Watson is going to be at the same level he was the last time he played in a meaningful NFL game. Although, nothing the Texans did on the field in 2020 was meaningful at all. That he can play at that level and be the kind of difference maker the browns need is not a foregone conclusion.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2