1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers +1000 to win AFC North

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Brice, Jul 5, 2022.

1. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL.
    If the Qbs are any good We will be fine...if they are not .....it won't matter is AB, or J. Rice was on this team.
    Either way.....No way We are last in this division.
    Take the bet, or I'll just tell You about it at the end of the year.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Well the Bengals had the worst odds to win the the AFC north last season, and they won it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Steelvision

Steelvision Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2022
    hard to talk those odds seriously when we don't even know the status of Deshaun Watson. Also, the Steelers Offense is an unknown at this point, new QB, revamped OL, basically new system under Canada....they could be mediocre or they could be surprisingly good. We know the defense will be at the top as BM said. A tricky and premature set of odds to say the least.

4. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011

That why they call it gambling. The future is uncertain, but there are always people who believe, sense, emote that they can see what others can’t. The multi billion dollar hotels that exist in the inhabitable desert are a monument to how that thinking can be exploited.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    Little chance the offense is surprisingly good. Mitch Trubisky is the QB and the OL is still bottom third in the league. Not being possibly the worst is more realistic. In terms of the Browns and Watson I agree 100% no way they are that much higher than us.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Najee put up 1,200 behind a bad OL, him and Freiermuth should be better in year two, I expect improvement on the OL and more plays down the field from the WRs.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. DJ18Baller

Dec 8, 2021
    Its fair to think Najee and the OL could improve this year I really like the Daniels signing but of course he is only 1/5 of the equation. In terms of downfield passing you must not have ever watched Mitch throw a deep ball because that and his inability to read defenses is his biggest flaw.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Steelvision

Jun 28, 2022
    I didn't watch too much Bears football but according to one Bears postgame analyst (J Miller), Trubisky was being forced to be a pocket passer - something he has never been. he may be better if they let him be more of a roll out or slash type QB. Maybe that's what Canada has in store for him...there are a lot of write ups out there laying the blame on the Bears and Nagy for Trubisky's struggles...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I think that was Burrow's second year as starter????? I sure wouldn't mind Pickett following a similar pattern.

• Like Like x 1
  10. DJ18Baller

Dec 8, 2021
    I have also heard lots of people blame Nagy for some of Mitch’s issues. However Tomlin fan boys around here never blame him for anything it’s always the players fault so I guess we will find out. If Mitch sucks for us it can’t be MTs fault so we will know it’s Mitch himself.

11. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Well ....if You can't play from the pocket...You will not play long in the NFL in almost all cases.

12. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Who are these Tomlin fan boys

I can’t seem to find one

Or is it just everyone who doesn’t complain every post

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    I just put $100.00 on Da Steelers... I'm a huge Mitchburgh Guy, I just think he's really gonna surprise...The only scary thing is what the last poster said...We STILL have Popcorn as HC... He'll somehow cost a us a few games BUT........

..........9-8.... OVER .500 AGAIN! The greatest! Give him a LIFETIME contract, keys to the City, Ownership!

14. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Not trying 2 bust Your bubble, but can You tell Me why , and what is it that makes you such a Mitch fan?????

15. Steelvision

Jun 28, 2022
    If he has success rolling out and passing on the move that could spread the defense out and he could have more success when does stay in the pocket.

that being said, I’m expecting Pickett to eventually take over

• Like Like x 1
  16. Disco1981

Mar 20, 2017
    He was 29-21 with CHICAGO...Nagy was a horrible HC...Really bad OL, 1 weapon in Allen Robinson, no TE...and STILL went to 2 Pro Bowls and 2 playoffs...He has a strong arm , and also good legs...I think with the weapons we have, he can really flourish...

But...Is Canada have a capable gameplan?

• Like Like x 2
  17. DJ18Baller

Dec 8, 2021
    You clearly are not comprehending certain peoples posts then. Starts with a G ends with a MM. starts with an Strum ends with a fan.

18. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    It appears I am not the one with a comprehension problem

At least one of them regularly points out Tomlin’s shortcomings

They also recognize the truth about his positives

So it appears your definition of a fanboy is anyone who doesn’t incessantly rant

But hey if English isn’t your strong point I’ll give you a pass I’m sure you are doing your best

Last edited: Jul 10, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  19. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Maybe Watson will play, maybe he won't. I don't think it's a guaranteed safe bet that he will be the superstar that everyone seems to think. It's likely going to be 2 years since he played in a meaningful game by the time he sees the field.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    And that is a lot of rust to knock off

• Agree Agree x 2
  21. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Passing on the run is great, but the role outs...:shrug:
    Once teams learn of the role outs ....it doesn't spread defenses out....it actually condenses them...., and leaves less field 2 cover.
    Some people I believe forget that NFL hash marks,and college hash marks are different....thus making the field wider in college.
    That's why still with all the college stuff brought into the NFL....Still a lot won't work.
    Still the only way for a Qb 2 consistently make a team cover the whole field is from the pocket. :shrug:

Last edited: Jul 10, 2022
  22. Disco1981

Mar 20, 2017
    And again ...Could be wrong, I've been wrong a lot. I just really like Mitch in the set up he is in ...Much better talent imo, better system an culture ( Nagy was pointing him out in meetings and embarrassing him, blaming him )

A) You gotta think that was a hard environment to play in...

B) That kind of environment won't exist here

• Like Like x 1
  23. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Idk about that. Brissett isn't a bad backup and they have the dominant run game to supplement him having to pass but so much.

24. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Unless Vegas knows Sue Roberts or whomever the ladies name is presiding over the Watson case, it is absurd. But if deshaun somehow isn't suspended then I agree with these odds.

• Like Like x 1
  25. DJ18Baller

Dec 8, 2021
    Maybe but you can’t say they are clearly better than us with him at QB I think it would be close