1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers #1 Seed!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by lostyank, Nov 28, 2011.

1. lostyank

lostyank Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2011
  2. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    now I call that optimistic. I hope your right. just curious, who do you have us losing to?

3. lostyank

Oct 28, 2011
    Huge help from Cle, Cin vs Balt. NE gets Tebowed in Denver! :swordsman: I'm asking Santa to bring me these on my Xmas list. :good: San Francisco is our loss. I'll leave that one off the list.

4. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Do we really want to be the #1 seed? Especially with the Pats as #2? :shock:

:herewego!:

5. BigSteel

BigSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Yup! We'll have Woodly and Harrison hopefully healthy :praying: at home with crowd noise and everyone can stop saying Steelers only make it to the superbowl when the Brats are not in the playoffs

6. Tarrytown Steeler

Tarrytown Steeler Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Number #1 Seed?????

Have you watched this team play the Colts & Chiefs? I'm a huge Steeler fan, but certainly no homer. Our record is inflated because of an inferior schedule. We played one good game against NE, and other than that, this team is drastically overated.

Please enlighten me to your optimism.

7. lostyank

Oct 28, 2011
    It's called a hypothetical. :shrug: Besides, optimism trumps pessimism every time. If you think they'll seed lower (or at all) post your prediction link.

8. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Steelers might be lucky to get any seed, Like an above poster stated they have played 1good game against the Pats and that is all. There are lots of problems on this team that need fixed.

9. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    These are my predictions

#1 Steelers #2 Patriots

#3 Titans #6 Jets
    #4 Broncos #5 Ravens

10. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    The #1 seed?? The way we've played this season?? Can't see it.

11. lostyank

Oct 28, 2011
    It's still WAY too early for any serious predictions, but it's fun punching in those W-L predictions in the Yahoo playoff software. It's amazing to see Balt. drop from a #1 down to a #5 on just one loss. What's even funnier is seeing a possible matchup of a 12-4 Steelers team going to play a 10-6 Oakland team---in Oakland! :doh:

12. lostyank

Oct 28, 2011
    Wow! Titans, Broncos! That's going to make for a wild 5 remaining weeks! I couldn't even figure that one out with the software! I'll take it though. :good:

13. TarheelFlyer

TarheelFlyer Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    With 2 games against the Browns and 1 against St. Louis, I doubt this team misses out on the playoffs. Even if we lose to Cinn and San Fran, that at worst puts us into a tie breaker scenario assuming Denver, Tenn, or the Jets somehow go 5-0....which is unlikely since they all are 6-5. Denver plays NE and at Buffalo, Tenn. plays the Saints and at Buffalo, and the Jets play both Philly and the Giants. I doubt any of them go undefeated.

14. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    No doubt in my mind we make the playoffs. 1st seed is a little dreamy at this point IMO.

15. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    :this!: :herewego:

16. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    looking at the general schedule 11 wins could be enough for playoffs
    1seed we need balt debacle somewhere

17. Tarrytown Steeler

Tarrytown Steeler Member

Oct 25, 2011
    I would like to see this team start to gel and look like a playoff threat. To me, the coaching staff is in charge of a high performance sports car, but they don't know how to drive it and keep grinding the gears.

In last nights NO game, their offensive play calling was beautiful, it was smooth, purposeful, and highly effective. It's often said the NFL is a copy cat league, let's copy that O game plan!

Playoff Predictions:

1 New England
    2 Baltimore
    3 Houston
    4 Oakland
    5 Pitt
    6 Jets

18. SteelerFanInKC

SteelerFanInKC Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Houston will lose to either Atlanta this week and quite possibly at Cinci the following week.
    Baltimore will lose to either and "possibly" both San Diego and at Cinci.
    I BELIEVE the Steelers win out and thus obtain the #1 seed.

Seriously doubters....did any of you think that the Steelers would dominate the patriots and imploy that gameplan against them? Probably not, right? Look what happened.

19. PDXSteelers

PDXSteelers Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    1. Baltimore
    2. N.E.
    3. Oakland
    4. Houston
    5. Pittsburgh
    6. Cincinatti

20. SteelerFanInKC

Nov 14, 2011
    REALLY? Did anyone see Baltimore play Jacksonville, Seatlle or Arizona? People want to look at our struggles agianst lesser opponents but what abou Baltimore's struggles against some lesser opponents? That's all I'm saying.

21. chuckie_os

chuckie_os Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Well lets look at our schedule vs the ravens and see:

Steelers:

home: Bengals, browns, and st louis
    road: browns and 49ers

Ravens

home: Browns, Indy
    Away: SD, Cin, Browns

the ravens are 2-3 on the road... they tend to slack off on the road. We can give them the Browns games home and away.... Indy i dont know about.... but most likely a win for the ravens.. That leaves cincy and sd...after this weekends debacle, i think SD will be looking for a new coach, and they still could win that division. With the ravens playing crappy on the road and on the west coast, I feel baltimore loses this game here with Rivers finally getting his stuff together and winning by 10 pts. Next is the Cincy game. Last game of the season and this is where we will end up winning the 2nd seed and not the 1st seed. The patriots will not lose another game this season. yeah there d is horrid, but there schedule is a cake walk, with brady playing the way he is... Baltimore loses this game and gets the 5th seed and bengals getting the 6th seed (over Jets).
    That then leaves playoffs looking like

1 seed: NE
    2 seed: Pitt
    3 seed: Oak
    4 seed: Ten
    5 seed: Baltimore
    6 seed: bengals

3: oakland vs. 6: bengals

4 Ten vs. 5 Baltimore

22. BigBlockSteelers

BigBlockSteelers Active Member

Nov 25, 2011
    NE has the 32nd ranked schedule this year per NFL.com (how does this happen??????) and with no teams above .500 left on their schedule look for them to finish 13-3 and the #1 seed. The Ravens are hard to figure out, but I like them to finish at 12-4 and the #2 seed. I don't care to discuss either the #3 or #4 seeds because both those team will lose to the (2) wildcards teams which should be the Steelers 12-4 and the #5 seed and either the Bengals or Jets at the #6 seed.

Now if we get "HOT" and sometimes we do at this point is a season we could run the table and steal the #1 seed since we own the tie breaker with NE, thats would be nice, but eitherway I like our chances this year in the playoffs.....very excited!

23. SteelerFanInKC

Nov 14, 2011
    I guess that I'm the only one that believes that the Steelers can win out and go 13-3? If so, one loss by both Baltimore and Houston would give US the #1 seed, not the Cheatriots! Damn people, believe!

24. SteelCityDynasty

SteelCityDynasty Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2011
    Like the sound of that! I too BELIEVE very much we're gonna get that 1 seed. We'll start our roll with the Bengals tomorrow and go from there. I'm pretty sure the Texans being down to their number 3 qb will if nothing else lose one more if not two. Baltimore has been too Jeckyl and Hyde this year and I also see them losing to the Chargers. They are still hinting that maybe Peyton Manning will come back this year. Here's to hoping he could lead them to a win against the Ravens! Now that would make them self-destruct! I'd love to see the look on Harbaugh's face if that happened! Either way I'm just hoping we get them one more time this year and we'll send them packing! Go Steelers! Number 7!

25. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011