1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steeler O line

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Joel Ritenour, Nov 29, 2022.

1. SteelersFanCanada

SteelersFanCanada Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2019
    LT: Draft
    LG: Moore/Dotson
    C: Cole
    RG: Draft/Daniels
    RT: Chuks

Keep some continuity and bring competition/talent?

2. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    It's a good thing you aren't the Steelers GM, there's no reason to trade Harris, and you wouldn't get value for him anyway.

3. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Draft a LT, then draft a guy who is versatile enough to play guard/center.

4. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    No I'm not saying that.
    Do You know what tendencies are???
    I'm sure You do. When Harris left the game ...Colts whole break down of Our tendencies gets thrown out the window.
    Example....a few weeks ago the Steelers smartly changed our tendencies between Harris, and Warren....low and behold....Warren's yards a carry dropped, and Harris went up. They changed who ,and when We ran the ball, and what downs. If You watched every week ....I'm sure You seen this.:thumbs_up:
    Teams are not dumb on who they think is a threat.
    It's like at the end of the game last night.
    Almost every play run by the Colts they had 3 different people taking care of Watt, and left Highsmith one on one. Which allows Highsmith to make a big play. Doesn't mean Highsmith is better than Watt...it show who they fear....same with Harris.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Teams aren't going to stack the box and use run blitzes to stop those backup RBs.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Joel Ritenour

Joel Ritenour Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2019
    It quite apparent they should have.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. SteelersFanCanada

SteelersFanCanada Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2019
    That's what I think too. Ideally start at RG and move to C eventually.

Moore would give Dotson some actual competition and Green.

• Like Like x 1
  8. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011

• Like Like x 2
  9. Woodson two-six

Woodson two-six Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2019
    I'm going to respectfully disagree with this comment! First, Indy is a terrible football team. Second, Snell and MacFarland gained many of their yards on cut back runs and plays where they ran through contact (ran through tacklers) to gain YAC (yards after contact). Najee has really struggled to be consistent at this (YAC).

• Like Like x 1
  10. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    My question is ... do we draft, a LT, this high in the first rd?

11. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    My answer is YES, ABSOLUTELY! We’ve got to shore up the left side of the OL.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    Cole and Daniels are versatile to play guard/center. You can almost draft a C and slide Cole to either guard position. I personally would draft a solid RG and slide Daniels to the LG position. But we really need a LT more than anything.

13. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    we will never know, will we? Look how we got Bettis, when he looked washed up in LA, got him for a steal. SOME might see Harris this way. I do not. I would have entertained a 1 in next years draft, or a 2 and 3 from the right team. He was a reach then , he is reach now. He will be no Bettis.

14. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Draft best OL or 2 with 2 of the first 3 picks. MUST WIN UP FRONT. this group has been neglected for 10 years. Kendrick Green - bust. Dan Moore - decent for a 4th rounder, but is our LT for 10 years? I don't think so...... HELP PICKETT. Get him a great line and a stable running game, get back to Steelers football. MAYBE we can compete again some day.

15. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    This exactly! Two of the top three picks on LT and G/C.

Daniels and Cole are solid. The others are mediocre. If you get a stud LT and G/C you can have Dan Moore and Chuks compete at RT and use Daniels, Cole, and the draft pick to fill out the interior.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Let me rephrase my question. Is there a LT, that warrants , this high of a draft pick? Understanding, that this will be the highest first rd draft pick position ... since picking Ben!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Karl

Karl Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2022
    Harris is several times the athlete that any of the backups are.
    That said, each player has a different skill set they bring.
    Ant-Mac brings a nice slippy run, he's not going to crush anyone, but he is shifty.
    Snell was a bit of an unknown for me, I had him figured for a crash into the line kind of guy.
    I like when they run Harris in the middle, he has a way of getting yards, he combines power and shiftiness.
    But I admit, I think he does have some lingering injury. He's not the same.
    He's a 2nd year back. We have 2 years of a nominal contract and a 5th year option.
    This isn't a video game; you can't just make deals.

For a trade:
    - You'd better have plan B in place, and it better be more that the backups.
    - Warren has shown some promise, but he's injured.

I think the better plan is to work on the area of needs, OT, LB, CB rather than creating needs.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    What do you think is wrong with Daniels? I think he’s our best O lineman.

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    They found a bit of a formula against Indy. The success of the run game is telling. They moved around from using NH and went to a running back by committee approach which in my opinion they should continue.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    I think Cole and Daniels have been the best as well. Chuks has been and always will be very average but the left side has been terrible. Moore is ridiculously bad and Dotson has also been poor.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I’m not so sure we need to draft either(early). Playing time as a unit is huge for an offensive line. The offensive line coach is also a huge component in their play. When you look at it both of those things have been missing with this unit. Last year we had something like 15 different t combinations starting on the line and two different line coaches. Dotson has had 4 line coaches in 3 years,Moore 3 in two years, Chucks 5 in 4 years… That’s not a recipe for success. The remainder of the season will be quite telling as to which way they go in the offseason. I know the popular opinion is for the team to draft a left tackle and guard early in the draft, but I wouldn’t bet on it. I could easily see them addressing other areas of need.

22. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    They have put off the offensive line for far too long. Moore is not good enough to be a starting left tackle in the NFL. I'm amazed he hasn't gotten a quarterback hurt. Have him compete at right tackle or guard, but get him off Pickett's blind side.

I don't think they will go guard early, but left tackle is a must, if not in the first round, then with one of the two second-rounders.

23. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

It’s not as though he’s a finished product. Players do in fact improve. Having consistent coaching helps that tremendously and we haven’t had that by any stretch of the imagination. Having five guys working together as one is the key.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. Karl

Karl Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2022
    It is hard to justify a 4th round LT protecting your Franchise QB.
    Moore is just not elevating his game. He plays like a backup that is starting because of injury.
    Adequate for now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011

We are the only team on that list in which the majority of those rushing yds actually comes from the rb's

• Agree Agree x 2