1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steeler Nation Is Rejoicing

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by edog55, Jan 20, 2012.

1. edog55

edog55 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Bruce Arians is GONE!!!! His time is up. What great news. I knew all along that the Steelers were not going to bring him back. That is the real deal. Arians retired because he knew they were not going to bring him back. Art Rooney II said on Monday that that Ben Roethlisberger may have to adjust his style of play a little bit in order to stay healthy through an entire season, and he also said the Steelers have to become more consistent on offense, both by cutting down on the number of sacks and doing better than No. 21 in the NFL in scoring.

That saids it all. In reality, what he ment was that they were not going to re-sign Arians because the offense was terrible this year. They kept it classy buy not letting the public know that he was not going to be re-signed. Call it what you want but thats the just of it. They took it out of Tomlin's hands, and Big Ben had nothing to do with it. He couldn't save Arians job this time. I think Poppa Rooney who is stepping down as the ambassodor to Irlend and coming back to be envolved in the organizations bussiness, made it know that he was not happy with what has been going on, especially with the offense. I know the article said that it was Tomlins decision but, the message was quite clear from the Rooneys. Arians had his warning in 2010 when Art II told them that he wanted them to concentrate on running the ball better. In 2011, Arians went right back to his old ways and started throwing the ball all over the yard. That was his demise. Someone said that they will still be throwing the ball because the league is a passing league, however, I bet with the new OC, we will have a better running game and more of a balanced attack. They are going to draft a couple of offensive linemen in the first two rounds and run with it.

Oh what a great day t is in Steeler Nation!

Anyway we can get on with life after BRUCE ARIANS, and Steeler Nation can be happy.

2. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I shore hope for you guys that is true...I just worry that the old saying the grass isnt always greener on the other side doesnt come back and bite you guys squarely in the a$$

3. edog55

edog55 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    You would think that. It ain't gonna happen. The next OC, whoever he is, will be able to develop a competent running game and will create a more balanced attack. Of course they will throw it, but they will be able to run it, and Redman will get his chance to run the ball.

Lets just wait and see who the next OC will be, someone who will coach and teach Ben and make him a better QB. I think the Steelers will come back with a vengence next season.

4. diehardsteel

diehardsteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Short of another Lombardi, this was the best news we've had in a long time. Here's hoping we get a new OC who can utilize all the talent we have on our team and help bring us another championship! :drinks:

Also, here's hoping all the BA backers and BA haters can bury the hatchet and come together as the Steeler fanatics we all are, and talk about something other than BA! Cheers! :drinks: