1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steeler in PLayoffs - Officially.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by RobVos, Dec 18, 2011.

1. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Ben & Troy & Woodley should rest Monday night.

The other guys are pros, earn your spot on the Steeler roster.

2. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    35-13 in the 3rd... Jets are done.

3. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    good.. the bungles will play hard vs balt

4. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

The only problem I can see with this is that generally speaking rest does not help this team. We saw how they performed after the bye week

5. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I keep hearing this, but Clark can in fact play in Denver and he very likely will. Yes, he almost died last time, but now that his spleen is removed, he won't have the same reaction he did last time. Clark in fact traveled with the team to Denver last time they played and he had an intense workout before the game to test his body and everything was fine. Clark will be medically cleared to play and he will choose to play if Tomlin's allows him to, and the fact that he is medically cleared to play makes me think Tomlin has no reason to hold him out.

Clark will play.

6. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011

no Matt Schaub, if it happens

7. SteelMojo

SteelMojo Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Against KC who just beat Green Bay justsayin

8. shaner82

Oct 16, 2011
    A fired up KC team playing for a new coach. We played the struggling, unmotivated KC team and our offence was god awful.

I wouldn't use that performance as an example of how we play well after a bye. Look at how many times the Colts have rested their starters and how few playoff wins they have over the years despite their regular season records. Look at NE, they keep their starters in no matter the score and no matter their record, and over the years they've had a lot of success in the playoffs.

I don't believe in resting players. Routine is a huge part of football and I don't want to see the routine change. Play the regulars, they can rest after we win the Superbowl.

9. jhmiller3

jhmiller3 Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I was not aware of that. Not that I don't believe you, but do you have a link or anything to back this up?

10. shaner82

Oct 16, 2011
    No worries, I'm just some anonymous internet poster, I don't blame you for being skeptical. I do have an article, I just gotta find it in my history. Give me a bit, I'll find it.

EDIT: Here we go. It's at the end of this article. There's other articles out there saying the same thing too.
    http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11352/1197443-66.stm

"This may put the cart ahead of the horse, but if things stay as they are, the Steelers would open the playoffs on the first weekend at Denver. And safety Ryan Clark said he would want to play in Denver if that's the case. However, he said it will be Mike Tomlin's call.

Clark has the sickle cell trait and his blood had a violent reaction to the altitude in Denver in 2007. He lost his spleen and gall bladder and nearly died. He's been told by doctors that he should be OK now because he no longer has those organs. In 2009, Tomlin made the decision for him and would not allow him to play. However, Clark made the trip and worked out before the game to try to test his body and there was no reaction
    "

11. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    I've read it before, too. Doctors have said that he's not in danger because he no longer has those effected organs. I'll find a link...

12. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
  13. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    Last part of this. Was originally posted by SteelerJJ http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11352/1197443-66.stm

14. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    Came here looking for just this thread!

:flag: :herewego!: :flag: :herewego!: :flag: :herewego!: :flag:

15. jhmiller3

jhmiller3 Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Thanks TTF. That sounds good to me. I will stop spreading false rumors now! :)