1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steeler Free Agents?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by IggySteel, Feb 14, 2012.

1. IggySteel

IggySteel Active Member

Oct 24, 2011
    According to Colbert, the Steelers are not going to re-sign any of their own free agents before Mar. 13.

First of all, does anyone have the list of who this includes?

Second, of that list, who do you think will eventually be re-signed and who will they let walk?

2. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    I wish I could find the other threads that this has been talking about in.

Anyways http://www.walterfootball.com/offseason2012pit.php this is a pretty accurate list. Obviously Bmac/Battle werent FAs but are now and neither is Hampton (he is just speculating Hampton will be cut).

3. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    hampton at 8 milion with an acl is a sure cut , they are probably making an injurie settlement right now

4. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Don't forget about starks. He did a much better job than I would have ever imagined in stabilizing our OL. He is a FA and sadly he tore his ACL also. We'll need to address the LT spot for sure and sadly that may end up being Gilbert. Just because you did okay at RT doesn't mean you can make a successful move to LT.

As much as we want a OG or ILB or even a NT we may be forced to go after OT Adams in the 1st.

Cajun-

5. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    or find a mckinnie type of guy in late camp cut
    or maybe jamon meredith is ready :shrug:

6. IggySteel

IggySteel Active Member

Oct 24, 2011
    So according to walterfootball the following are UFA.

Gay - I think they try to re-sign him for a reasonable contract (depends on what they see in Allen, Lewis, Brown)
    Dixon - gone
    Starks - gone
    Cotchery - reasonable deal (possibly depending on which way they go with Ward)
    Batch & Leftwich - I think they keep one (not a high priority as no one is going to knock down the doors for either)
    Moore - gone
    A. Smith - gone
    Sepulveda - gone
    Essex - gone

7. SteelMojo

SteelMojo Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Essex and Moore they will keep IMO

8. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
  9. SteelMojo

Oct 23, 2011
    because he is a good 3rd down back and he is cheap and im not sold on Batch like everyone else Batch is coming off a hurt leg never played in the NFL is a 6th round pick so i dont see them letting him be the 3rd down back and prob getting Ben killed

10. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    all I am sure of is this team is gonna look different. I mean smith and hampton have been staples on the d. farrior could be gone and so could foote. I just hope we reload instead of rebuild. I like the core of this team we just need to be careful and not make to many changes. I would hate to lose all the leadership on the team. bring back hines and farrior cheap and I think we will be ok. Lose them and we could be hurtin

11. traceman

traceman Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Are the free agents counting against the cap? or is it like they are not under contract at all?
    I am just wondering if our cap number improves if any of these guys sign elsewhere?

12. diehardsteel

diehardsteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Sorry but he's gone. Fat, slow, and has bad footwork making it so he can't keep his balance. There are a multitude of lineman, both vets and rookies, that can step in and do a much better job for us on day 1.

13. SteelMojo

Oct 23, 2011
    he can play 3 spots on the line cheap and knows the team and vice versa! no money for vets and cant have a team full of rookies! so he will be back

14. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    i read that colbert sayd they will leave all the unrestricted free agent test the market

15. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Not to sound like an ass, but, you answered your own question. They are a FREE AGENT!!! AKA someone who isn't under contract to the team for the new year.

16. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Not to sound like an ass, but, you answered your own question. They are a FREE AGENT!!! AKA someone who isn't under contract to the team for the new year.