1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

STEELER FAN LIVING IN BOSTON....HELP

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by deebs11, Jan 19, 2012.

1. deebs11

deebs11 Active Member

Nov 26, 2011
    Due to a job transfer, I've been in Boston for 5 YRS now...my question is do I root for the cheatroits, raisins, or hope for a massive sinkhole to open up and swallow Gillette stadium and take both teams with it.

2. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
  3. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Ha! I lived in the Boston area from early '03 to mid '07 when they won 2 SBs, so I feel the pain. The Pats fans were insufferable. Go Rats! <ugh... I just threw up in my mouth a little>

4. jimmyallen45

jimmyallen45 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Well, there was a pretty big sinkhole in New Hampshire a few years back, although I don't know if it was big enough.

I live in New England too, although about 220 miles northwest of Foxboro in Vermont. There are plenty of Patriots fans here, but just as many Giants fans and likely, just as many fans of other various NFL teams (like myself with the Steelers). The Patriots have the least popularity- on a regional basis as opposed as local- of any of the Boston teams, and I believe that about 50% of their local fans were rooting elsewhere prior to Parcells becoming their coach.

But I digress, back to the point-

What you should be pulling for, and what I am pulling for- is for the Patriots to beat the Ravens this week. That will serve the purpose of devastating the Ravens fan base and closing that aging defense's Super Bowl window.

Then root for the Giants to win against the 49ers, and then for the Giants to beat the Patriots. A second SB loss to the Giants will rip the guts out of their fans (in fact, I am writing this while sitting right next to a co-worker who is a Pats fan, who told me the very same thing).

5. colsteveaustin

colsteveaustin Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Man,I feel your pain.I would not like living around Cheater and Rats fans.I despise them so much.I live about 115 miles away from Cleveland and those fans are a joke.It's amusing though,Because WE all know they have nothing to talk about. :roflmao:

6. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011

Would their big heads there actually fit through a sinkhole?

7. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I feel your pain a little because I live in Bengal country but they have sucked for so long I dont have to worry about it much

8. lostyank

lostyank Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2011
    As someone posted on Reddit already, this may help. ;)

[​IMG]

9. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    My dislike for the Ravens pales in comparison to my dislike for the Patriots. It is by far the biggest a-hole fanbase I have ever encountered.

There's no question that I am a Ratbirds fan on Sunday.

10. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    This... and for me because the Ratbirds are in the AFC North. No matter how I feel about them I feel compelled to cheer them on for that reason alone. I was excited when the play-offs started because we had 3 teams from the AFC North playing. Plus, when have you seen a championship quarterback wearing UGGs.

11. DSteelerCT

DSteelerCT Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Deebs you got there at the right time. I was there from 2001 - 2005 and went to both AFCCG when the patsies beat us. Man I got my !@#$ kicked for 4 years, then left 2 weeks before our SB in 2005. Back then, Boston fans didn't know how to win , as the pats never won before and the red sox were still in their 86 year skid. For your sake, I hope they have improved. I have such loathing disgust and hatred of brady, bellicheck and that team because of those God aweful fans.