1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steeler fan book club

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by steel machine, Apr 2, 2020.

1. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Thank You. I appreciate it. I'm always buying books... so every time people leave stuff it gives me more Ideas of something new 2 read.
    If I'm not on Here, or playing My Guitar....I'm reading. I hardly watch TV until Football season.

• Like Like x 1
  2. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    Just started a book called Red Fury, the 3rd book in a Warhammer series I've been reading. Apparently there is a separate books series with the same name, but this is not related to those.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 15, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  3. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I've yet 2 read any of these.
    I'm reading Star Wars Darth Bane Trilogy right now. I'm on the 2nd Book. I've really gotten into Star Wars books lately. I think it's because of Obi-Wan show coming out.:shrug:

• Like Like x 1
  4. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Don't know if anyone has read Anne Rice, but after She passed (RIP) I reread the 1st five Vampire Chronicles ...from Interview With the Vampire through Memnoch the Devil. This is a Unedited Guitar Instrumental I heard in My head ,and put down covering all those books.
    I call it Lestat,and the Savage Garden.
    Check it out if You care 2, or if You have read these.
    If not....Don't. LoL :thumbs_up:

5. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Ah, the Vampire Chronicles. I read the all. Took me forever to get through Memnoch. Way too..........existential for me. I like almost all of her books and series. The Mayfield Witches, ( she seemed to have given up on them) The Werewolf books. I wish she had devoted more time to her other creations instead of making Lestat into a demi-God.
    Very cool tune. Towards the beginning, I could picture vampires scurrying around the Theater of Vampires.

• Like Like x 1
  6. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    If you haven't read the "Tales From" Star Wars books, I'd highly recommend them. They are books of short stories that tell back stories of lesser known characters from the movies, like some of the creatures from the Cantina in Star Wars, or some of the guards working in Jabba's palace from Return of the Jedi. There are 3 books:

• Tales from the Mos Eisley Cantina
    • Tales from Jabba's Palace
    • Tales of the Bounty Hunters
    Very good books, and the Bounty Hunter book is the original story of how Boba Fett escaped from the Sarlacc.

• Like Like x 1
  7. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Thank You.:thumbs_up:
    That's funny. Memnoch was the fastest I've ever read a book in My life. The 1st time I read it ....I read it in a 24 hour period. I got it the day it came out at a place called Hastings.
    Also I'm glad You see these things in the Music. That's how I write it in My Mind.

8. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I will check them out. Thanks :thumbs_up:

• Like Like x 1
  9. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    If you do read any of them, let me know what you think about them.

• Like Like x 1
  10. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I will .....promise :thumbs_up:

11. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    I just got Harlan Coben's new book today. The Match. Looking forward to it!

• Like Like x 1
  12. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Haven't read anything by Him. What would You say is His best book???

13. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Run away, I think is particularly good. He has a hero in several of his books (not this one) named Myron Bolitar. Good mystery/action stories.

• Like Like x 1
  14. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Then Run Away is the one I will check out. Thank You :thumbs_up: Matter of fact as soon as I'm done on the board...I will order it.

• Like Like x 1