1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steeler by Marriage...

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by Strider, May 9, 2019.

1. Strider

Strider New Member

May 9, 2019
    So I married a girl from Pittsburgh and she's a diehard Steeler's fan. Which means I am now a Steeler's fan as I get drug out to the local Steeler bar near our house outside Atlanta for all the games, and in a room full of black and gold, I've had to adopt the wardrobe appropriately to not stick out horribly.

Anyway, said new wife has never actually been to a Steeler's home game. I'm planning a trip up for likely the Week 2 game vs. Seattle this season for her. We visited Pittsburgh last summer, visited family she still has there, etc., and I actually really enjoyed it. Very cool town! So my plan is book plane tickets on a late Friday night, uber to hotel somewhere downtown, spend Saturday downtown, see more of the Strip District, see the game Sunday, fly back late Sunday night, and have a s$!$$y morning at work on Monday.

All that said, I'm usually more a college football guy and everytime I've gone to a game in the last 10 years for my university, I just go and find a scalper. Price is usually much better, and even have gotten some decent seats that way. So I'd like to ask a question - are scalpers easy to find? Tickets expensive to scalp, or better to get online, like on Stubhub or something?

2. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    You married a smart woman :lolol:

sometimes members on here have tickets, but I've never used stubhub etc.