1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steal of the draft is 2nd worst at getting open

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelHack, Oct 2, 2022.

1. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    TBR, Don’t think getting open is his strong point. Coming down with the ball somehow and someways is.

Contested catches isn’t DJ’s strong point, getting open somehow someway is.

They’re opposites, which is a good thing if we can get the right QB to utilize their particular skill set. Pickett?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011

Again, not trying to bash Kenny.. but he had 1 sustained drive

He gave the crowd a charge I'll give Tuitt that, but that's not going to mean anything in most road games.

I've heard the no 3 and outs... but you could also say they never had to punt with Kenny out there.. that doesn't make it better

HACK

3. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Didn’t take it as a bashing at all. Just gonna couple a lot of hope to the spark.

4. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I apologize if that was me, come to find out I actually was watching a different game.

• Like Like x 2
  5. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    As long as it's not the current playbook.

6. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    I’mma disagree with this part. Taking the air out of a rowdy, hostile stadium crowd has an impact.

7. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    He made an OBJ like grab one game against Cleveland

6 catches for 102 over the century mark, with a couple of impressive catches and is up for NFL Rookie of the Week voting this past week.

I'm just hoping the Pickett to Pickens connection is the new Big Ben to AB connection for years to come.

You want to bash someone, go bash Chase Claypool..... there would be a player more deserving, than Pickens.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I don't think anyone is really bashing anyone.. i only posted the l link because I couldn't believe it was not being talked about on here. Normally this crew is quick to post anything that's out there

HACK

9. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    He blocks decent and has some want to!

• Like Like x 1
  10. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Actually it does.....if You are going 3 ,and out You only use up a certain amount of time.....even if You only get a few 1st downs ,and turn the ball over ....it gives the defense more rest......whether You punt , or not the D still has to come back out ,and play....the difference is when was the turnovers, and where. If I'm on Defense.....I much rather You drive the ball down the field, and turn it over(as long as it's not a pick 6) than You just go three,and out ,and punt. I get way more rest time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

Disagree. The thick fog is lifting. It's already hit the road and is now on it's way back up.

• Like Like x 2
  12. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    As long as MT is coach and head of the organization winning a playoff game is similar to winning the power ball. Good luck

13. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    The only thing that worries me about Pickens is his maturity. He gets really mouthy on the field and we know there were maturity concerns coming out of college. If he keeps pushing the line he may start to cost the team 15 yards here and there and it may cost the team a game or two. While I hope he grows out of it, it's on him to be a professional.

14. Kreighoff

Kreighoff Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2017
    I think a WR getting open is partially a result of how complex the route tree is. The defense not having to worry about our weak run game is a large factor as well.
    If the run game keeps improving the receivers will find more openings in the defense.

15. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    I hope you're right but the spread against the Bills says different. JMO>

16. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    How does TRUBISKYS incompetence at QB...Have to do with WR's inability to get open?