1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

STD is right: It's not Tomlin, but Rooney

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by OB1, Jan 20, 2024.

1. OB1

OB1 Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2022
    u mean real steeler fans won’t vote for Tomlin? I agree.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. nor

nor Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2016
    upload_2024-1-31_21-22-27.png

• Like Like x 3
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. jeh1856

jeh1856 Nap time

Oct 26, 2011
    You are not qualified to know what a real Steeler fan would do

But if you need help and guidance feel free to ask me to share my wisdom

I like to assist the less fortunate in life

Last edited: Feb 1, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  4. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I have never said he wasn't involved.....I said He isn't the final say. Again if Tomlin does all the work You say He does....why pay GMs???

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    It's funny how people will say....Tomlin has all the power, but then say well outside of this situation, that situation, and this situation over here, oh and this other situation...LoL.....yes He does have all the power, and does everything., and yet they don't see the hypocrisy, Hell the total lunacy in what they say. LoL. I've never killed anyone ever....except that one time. LoL

6. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    The funny thing is that most of the QB's that were in the playoffs were acquired in a way that the Steelers could have had them while picking in the middle of the pack:

Lamar Jackson, round 1, pick 32
    Patrick Mahomes, Round 1, pick 10 (hey, they moved up to 10 for Bush)
    Joe Flacco, Free Agent
    Brock Purdy, Round 7 pick 262
    Dak Prescot, Round 4, pick 135
    Jared Goff, Trade
    Baker Mayfield, Free Agent
    Jalen Hurts, Round 2, Pick 53
    Matt Stafford, Trade
    Jordan Love, round 1, Pick 26

Now, I'm not saying in hind sight they should have done these moves.....Ben was still here and playing well when some of these guys were drafted. My point is that you don't always need a top 5 pick to get a playoff caliber QB.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    You shouldn’t be admitting things like that on a message board the FBI will hunt you down and steal that guitar.

8. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    Who specifically here has made that claim? I've not seen it, but admittedly don't read every post.

9. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016
    Rooney said the decisions for the OC are on Tomlin...And Tomlin said it was his decision only to fire Canada in November...So for the coaching staff,yes this is the Tomlin call

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. jeh1856

jeh1856 Nap time

Oct 26, 2011
    Not to the conspiracy people

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    With that I can agree. In the first round you have a 50% (plus or minus) of getting a high production guy to even one who can develop into a decent QB. I would say picks after that are just see what develops, in college they may have been good, but you never really know. If you trade for a guy, like Stafford, you need to have everything in place for that run, they did and it worked. Yes everyone on that list was at one time available, would they or could they have made a difference here? Possibly, beyond Stafford and Mahomes, maybe Lamar, I am not sure you get a lot more, maybe getting onto the play offs without needing help, but look at the pay some of these guys get...and or will get, thats the issue with trading for or trying to keep someone. Dak's cap hit is nearly 60 million this year, they will probably work something out, but that's some huge bucks for what they have accomplished.

12. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I looked up who the Steelers could have taken at QB instead of Bush when they moved up and man that was a bad QB class. There was absolutely no one, so at least that Bush move isn’t worse than it already is. Haskins was there at 15 I think. Terrible QB class.

13. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I don't even have to say anything....You are supposed to be smarter than that. It's not a conspiracy to believe that a Guy under another guy takes the blame for things....while behind doors its different. The Military has done this forever, and many many many workforces have done this forever. I guess it's a conspiracy that We still hear different quotes about who's Idea it was , and who actually picked Ben....the Rooney's, Colbert , or Cowher. Each one of them say it was their decision, and not the others. I guess I'm making that up. LoL
    So if they lie about that..., or miss informed about that...what's the difference the opposite way????
    I know ...that's nice.

14. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Do you know how many times members wanted to tar and feather him the past 5-6 years. If the members had a say he'd have been gone years ago.

We get pissed off as much as we want but the Pittsburgh Steelers have had only 3 HC's over half a century and all are HOF (1 will be) Coaches. Fans from other teams I talk to find that way more amazing then I do. I agree it is a feat but all that really excites me is Championships.

15. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    Are we talking about the scripts??

Lots of conspiracies going on at this site

16. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016
    Take the L and move on.You are too desperate right now

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. jeh1856

jeh1856 Nap time

Oct 26, 2011
    That’s nice :smiley1:

• Like Like x 1
  18. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL :lolol::thumbs_up::drinks:

19. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    So what I said that You thought was funny....didn't happen???
    Whatever You think Lamar lover. The day I worry about what You , or a bunch of people that don't get things wrong sometimes, but all the time will be the 1st time. LoL. Now go along, and try getting people behind You like collecting same thinking people actually makes that a correct thing. More dumb people on the planet than smart...so You should have no problems. LoL. I mean many many many people thought it was smart to burn people at the stake for being witches. I can see You at the helm....they agree with Me so it must be correct. LoL

Last edited: Feb 3, 2024
  20. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL. I don't believe in scripts, or any of that. If the league wants a game to go a certain way(which I don't believe)....they only need one ref in the pocket.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016
    Whatever You think Matt Canada lover

22. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Shows how much You know. I was one of the 1st saying We shouldn't have hired Him....anyone, and everyone on the board can tell You this....your so slow You can't even keep facts straight. LoL Even the guys that agree with You will tell You this

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    The guitar was the murder weapon. I mean, have you heard him play? :roflmao:

24. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL. Hater. LoL. Your just lucky I don't live by You now. I would crank My amps up to 11

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  25. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016
    I know that but you defended him like crazy in the last season before he was fired and Andy Reid and Kyle Shanahan were good but they weren't that special because they didn't have a super bowl ( without Mahomes in the case of Andy Reid)

Does coaching matter to you?....I would love to know

• Like Like x 1