1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

STATISTICS

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by slickster10, Jan 4, 2012.

1. BLACKnGOLDsince72

BLACKnGOLDsince72 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Sorry but I'm not buying it. Ben's gonna play his game no matter who the OC is. What's Bruce gonna do bench him because he refuses to get rid of the ball sooner ? I'm sure that would go over well right LOL ! Ben's a $100M athlete with an ego to match his paycheck just like most $100M athletes. At the professional level more often than not it's the players who typically make the coaching look good or bad and not the other way around. All the time we see head coaches, coordinators, etc. who are perceived to be the best at what they do move on to other teams and totally flop. Can you say "Mike Martz, greatest show on turf" ? Just one example of many that we see happen every year. You make comments like BA goggle wearers, BA supporters, BA crowd etc. Myself like many others on here have been on record saying many times we couldn't give a damn if BA left tomorrow because we know player execution or lack thereof is the biggest contributor to winning or losing a football game. If tomorrow we could stop turning the ball over and get better / more consistent offensive line play we'd be scoring at least 2 more TDs a game with or without BA standing on the sidelines. If I had my choice in taking a more talented offensive line and keeping BA as the OC OR firing BA and keeping the same talent on the line I'd take the new line talent and keep BA every time because players win football games coaches don't. If you call that defending BA then so be it and if Ben's career is cut short that's totally his own doing because that's how HE chose to play the game regardless of the advice he got from BA, Tomlin or anyone else on the coaching staff who advised him to get rid of the ball sooner which of course they've all done.