1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Starks speaks about Redman

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by PWP, Jan 4, 2012.

1. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Starks told the tribune that the Browns where arguing on who was going to tackle Redman,,they where complaining amongst one another about who can get him on the ground.....

Just thought this would be good info for the Redman haters ,,as he is the best blitz PU guy on the Team and he is the most powerful RB as well.....We need to get up early and protect Ben with the running game ,because I think we are going to NE next so we will need a healthier Ben or a super strong running game maybe even both.....

2. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Are there really any Redman "haters" here?

Some of us are cautious about crowning him the messiah of the running game, but I don't think anyone seriously hates the guy - that sort of talk is just silly.

And I agree about Redman's blitz PU has improved leaps and bounds (though in training camp Baron Batch was apparently the best). And heaven knows, we need RBs who can pick up the blitz...

3. RobVos

RobVos Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    And we also could use a QB who can recocnize the blitz as well and make teams pay for the all out blitz.

4. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Ben and Wallace Will make the blitzers pay this week

5. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    On this board I would agree with you. On the old board not so much. TSS made it his personal mission to make sure every single member of the board knew that Redman was a dime a dozen back who would never have a meaningful carry in the NFL let alone score a single TD. Even after the Baltimore game last year he refused to even concede the point that Redman could contribute on the team and went after every thread PWP start on Redman.

6. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I was a little skeptical when PWP starting pimping Red over on the old board. Not that I really had any basis to dispute his claims of Redman being a stud. It just seemed to come completely out of left field and nobody had really seen him do anything yet. I think Red has proven himself as a strong and durable guy who can get tough yards when we need it, someone who can pick up blitzes and block well. To Thigpen's point, I really haven't seen any hatred for the guy, just skepticism and I think that is all but gone. I'm looking forward to seeing the impact that the young man can make for our squad. And PWP seems to have been right on the money with Red.