1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Star Wars Theories - CONTAINS MAJOR SPOILERS!!! Enter at your own risk.

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by niterider, Jan 7, 2016.

1. niterider

niterider Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2012
    Thought I'd start a new thread so I can talk about some of this stuff.

So Luke's missing lightsaber is blue which was supposedly lost when his arm was cut off. Maz says "it's a story for a different time" for how she came up with it.

Rey had a strong connection to that lightsaber which included many flashbacks. Could she be, dare I say it, the reincarnation of Anakin who was the true owner of that lightsaber?

Or, clone technology has come a long way. Perhaps, someone took luke's arm and cloned him?

I have a hard time believing she could be Luke's daughter,

2. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I initially thought she was Luke's daughter but now I think that she's his niece. I think she is either Kylo's twin or younger sister. I think that maybe when Han and Kylo had their falling out and Han left that maybe at that time Leia was pregnant with Rey and that's why Han didn't know who she was but it would explain why she could fly the Falcon so good and if she was related to Luke she also could be a great pilot. The reason I thought she might have been Luke's is because R2 woke up when she came around and I think that's because he sensed Luke.

3. niterider

Jan 19, 2012
    Leia didn't seem to recognize her. So I'm not sure that's it. R2 waking up could be because of the light saber? Also the voice over we heard when she was left on the planet wasn't recognizable.

Another thing I was thinking about was that Jedi Temple and Luke's mission to train other would be Jedis. Perhaps she used to be a student of Luke's and her memory wiped to keep her safe. When Kylo was looking through her brain he saw a small island. That's exactly where the Jedi temple was. Why would that be in her head? hmmmmm

4. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    And I thought you'd use the whole "Rey is Obi Wan's granddaughter" theory. :lolol: That one holds no water with me. "She has the same accent." Really? So accents are genetic, are they? "She holds her lightsaber the same way he did." That's genetic too??? It DOES suggest training though. "Obi Wan spoke to her in her vision." He also spoke to Luke. Qui Gon spoke to Anakin while Anakin was slaughtering the Tusken Raiders. Is he Anakin's father???

I don't believe she's Han and Leia's daughter. Leia would have no reason to hide that from her at this point. Kylo would certainly recognize her and use it against her / to try to turn her. He's not that much older than her. Maybe 10 years? That is, of course, that the whole theory that Kylo isn't actually evil and is a sleeper agent isn't true (that theory is VERY shaky at best).

The only real argument against her being Luke's daughter is that it's too obvious. So? They cast a young woman who bears a very strong resemblance to both Amidala and Shmi Skywalker. I don't think that was an accident. They use Luke's theme when she's on screen (granted, that could just be a call back referencing his lightsaber). She is clearly very strong in the force and her ability to use it suggests training rather than intuition. But most importantly, Luke recognizes her! And he's not surprised to see her. His expression is more one of sorrow and regret... maybe a little fear now that she has "awoken."

Or they could be leading us by the nose that way only to have a different reveal...

But they already did that once. "No. I am your father." Would they really try to pull that stunt again? Better to just lay the hints down thick so it's really not a surprise to the audience, just to her. Even the inn keeper seems to know who she is.

Then again, this is the franchise that tripled down on the Death Star, so who knows? :lolol:

5. niterider

Jan 19, 2012
    That's a good assesment @Ray D . I didn't buy that she could be Luke's daughter because he is a Jedi after all and aren't they supposed to refrain from marriage/love/hate... ? Although, Luke was trained much later in life and may not have received the full training from Yoda. He may be operating off a different set of rules.

Your argument for her being his daughter does hold a lot of weight but yeah I can be lumped into that category that it would just be too easy.

I'm going to stick with my initial theory for now that she may be the second coming or the reincarnation of the "the one" molded by the force itself trying to right the wrong of Anakin. Her powers, if untrained, easily rivals that of Luke similar to how easy it came to Anakin. But who knows! LOL

6. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah I noticed the musical theme as well. I initially felt that she was absolutely Luke's daughter because of how obvious it seemed. I think he could have definitely have repressed her memories. He could have also repressed Han's but Han knew that "all the stories" about him were true. I do think that it was Obi-Wan's family that might have had the missing piece of the map that Poe was looking for though. I just have a hard time believing that Kylo's name and Alec Guiness' voice in the vision scene are the only references to Obi-Wan that this series is gonna have. I also won't be surprised if Fynn winds up related to Mace Windu or Lando just for continuity's sake. Not that I think they are but just that I won't be surprised if they turn out to be.

7. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    I realize that Disney threw the whole extended universe out of the window, but in those stories, Luke did get married to another jedi named Mara Jade, so it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibilities.

8. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah I'm also hoping that they find a way to bring back Boba Fett since he was resurrected in the EU as well.

9. tube517

tube517 Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2014
    Leia and Rey had a very long (mother/daughter or auntie/niece) hug. :dontknow:

10. niterider

Jan 19, 2012
    Can someone answer me this? Anakin was originally prophesied as the one to bring balance to the force. Yoda later did say that they may have read the prophesy wrong. Did in fact anakin bring balance to the force by either:
    a. Killing off all the Jedi children thereby settling the score since the Jedi's were ruling for over 1,000 years.
    b. Darth Vader killing the Emperor
    c. The balance was never restored

That may help figure out what Ray's place is in all this.

11. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    My (totally unsupported) theory is that they all read it wrong.

The balance was never about Light vs. Dark, Jedi vs. Sith. It was about the ability to use both sides without being consumed. Previously, once you went dark, you couldn't go back. Anakin was the first to be able to break that hold (if only briefly before his death).

Oddly enough, his grandson now is trying so hard to stay on the dark side, and complains that he keeps feeling the pull of the light trying to drag him back. :hmm:

12. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Vader brought it by killing Palpatine but Luke also brought it by arousing the good in Vader. That's the way I've always seen it. I really think that Luke is the savior of the galaxy in the grand scheme of things.

13. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    That's, for the most part, the way I've always seen it.