1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Star Wars episode 9

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by thorn058, Apr 12, 2019.

1. niterider

niterider Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2012
    The whole series was just trash and they need to blow it up and start over. And I am not just saying that because I'm a "purist." They need to look at why Rogue One did so well and build off of that.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I’m glad I don’t get into the Star Wars universe storyline, because the Star Wars fans that I know are always pissed off at any movie release going back to Ep 1. I haven’t seen 9 yet. Fortunately when I do watch it, I won’t have any expectations of a particular storyline (or really any cohesive story at all). For me the problem will be remembering what happened in 8 so that I don’t fail to pick up on a nuance or two.

3. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Star Wars 9 sucked, the last 3 Starwars was just awful... IMO Solo was a better movie if that tells you anything. lol

4. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Well... I finally saw it. Good eye candy effects anyway. I enjoyed it enough to watch the whole thing, but if I had fallen asleep halfway through I wouldn’t have felt compelled to go back to finish it. The story was lacking, to be very kind, but I’ve never thought much of the Star Wars story anyway. My wife liked it more than I did, and she didn’t even know that Leia was Luke’s sister, and said “how did Indiana Jones get here?” when Ben had his come-to-papa moment. Maybe a total lack of knowledge of the story line is the key to enjoying a Star Wars movie.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. cboath

cboath Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2018
    The biggest problem with the whole ST is that each threw out what came before.

TFA? - JJ trashed basically the whole ending of ROTJ.
    TLJ - RJ tossed out everything JJ did more ore less, then character assassinated Luke.
    RoS - JJ tossed out everything RJ did more or less (rightfully so, but still) - and then put the final nail in the OT coffin by idiotically resurrecting the emperor to try and draw back those who hated TLJ.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I liked the characters an the actors that portrayed them in 7,8 and 9 but thats about as much as I can say about it.

What they did to Luke was a sin and don’t know why Hamill agreed to do that. Character assassination as cboath said. Ford always wanted to kill off Han so that didn’t surprise me but still sucked.

Snoke was the worst character since JarJar Binks. Emperor being alive was as Deadpool would say, lazy writing. Honestly, why even do 7,8 and 9 if you weren’t going to come up with anything new.

Rogue One by far was the best of all the new ones. The last scene alone was better than anything in 7,8 and 9.

• Like Like x 1
  7. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    This. I have nothing of substance to add really. Rogue One was a great movie. Watching in the theater in 3D...best 'dogfight' scene in cinematic history. The last scene was epic.

• Like Like x 2