1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Standings in the AFC North the morning of Tues Oct 29th...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel_ben7, Oct 13, 2019.

1. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    Should look like this after the Ravens lose at Seattle next week then have their bye week, the Browns are off next week but they will lose at New England on Sunday the 27th, and the Steelers beat the Dolphins on Monday the 28th.

Ravens 4-3
    Steelers 3-4
    Browns 2-5

Yes we will have ourselves a division race fellas going into the first week of November.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    What is the scenario that gets Tomlin canned? I vote for that one.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 4
  3. bobby

bobby Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2015
    looks good but steelers are only 2-4

4. bobby

bobby Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2015
    oh never mind didnt see date

5. steel_ben7

Nov 16, 2015
    I’ll do even one better on November 3rd the Ravens play the Patriots, the Browns play at Denver who is playing better and never an easy place to win and the Steelers play the Colts at home in a game that is a complete toss up and definitely winnable. So the standings on the morning of Monday November 4th could look like this below.

Ravens 4-4
    Steelers 4-4
    Browns 2-6

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  6. Da_Cranberry

Da_Cranberry Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2018
    We just beat a 2-4 chargers team that did everything it

7. steel_ben7

Nov 16, 2015
    Yea in a game where a lot of people on this board and other places said the Steelers had no chance to win with a 3rd string QB. The bottom line is they are right in this division race and have the worst team in football in the Miami Dolphins coming in here in 2 weeks on a Monday night football where they haven’t lost a Monday night game at home in 28 years. Where both the Ravens and Browns have both Seattle and the Pats on their schedules the next 2 weeks. So things are looking up very much for the Steelers to be right in this division race come early November.

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1
  8. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    I am glad we may be turning the corner but I am still keeping things in perspective. To me, all we are doing now is proving we are not the worst team in the NFL. We beat 2 teams with a combined win total of 2. Well, thats better then losing to them but we shouldn't be thumping our chest being 2-4 and we think we will win another game against a team without a win and our record looking better.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    We are far from the worst team in the NFL but...Our WR's are slow, with no seperation and.....We still have Popcorn!

10. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Your right on point, example Dallas lost to the 0-5 jets yesterday thinking they was going to have an easy game, we best keep ourselves in perspective as to who and what we are, a struggling team that isnt ready for prime time anytime soon....

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. Da_Cranberry

Jan 22, 2018
    What exactly is this team going to do in the playoffs besides lose and get mike Tomlin a winning season if every rosy thing you say comes true?

The chargers literally suck and we barely beat them. Being mediocre is not something to celebrate like cowboys fans.

Texans, Chiefs, Ravens, Colts, Green Bay, Seattle, 49ers, patriots, lions, saints & now the panthers will destroy us. The cheats alone destroyed us by 30pts when we were actually good.

Winning against a crap team and getting everyone’s hope up is not a good thing when it will lead to no SB.

We have a 3rd string QB (which I live Duck btw) but that doesn’t lead us to winning in the playoffs.

We can have a good new beginning next year and we trying to ruin even that so we can be 8-8.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  12. steel_ben7

Nov 16, 2015
    You’re right anything can happen but I have a hard time seeing the Steelers losing to the Dolphins with 2 weeks to prepare for them on a Monday night at home where they haven’t lost a Monday night home game in Pittsburgh in 28 years since 1991. That streak isn’t gonna end with the Dolphins beating them.

13. steel_ben7

Nov 16, 2015
    Yea that’s right let’s just hope we lose every game the rest of the season and be ****ing miserable as fans every week instead of at least having a shot to win a very weak division and get a home game in the playoffs. Yea terrible thinking on my part.

• Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1
  14. Da_Cranberry

Jan 22, 2018
    You sound like a cowboys fan, how is that working for them

15. steel_ben7

Nov 16, 2015
    So do you want them to lose out so that Tomlin gets fired or what do you want out of the rest of this season with Ben out and this team playing with both a 2nd and 3rd string QB.

16. Da_Cranberry

Jan 22, 2018
    I’m going to apologize to you because you are the fan I wish I could be. I’m used to winning and having faith we can win. I don’t have that anymore, I’m bitter and angry that we were an underdog and a surprise upset to beat a Fing 2-3 team that sucks. I shouldn’t be dream crushing.

I always root for us, but I want a future for the team where we can win the SB or get deep in the playoffs.

I’m glad there are diehards like you to balance my negative ass. I’m good for now until we lose and I’ll rage post on here for a week :)

17. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    That Colts game will be the real tell IMO. Beating the Dolphins, Chargers, and Bengals doesn't tell us that much, although the win last night on the coast shouldn't be totally discounted. I'm not sure how good the Colts really are, but they did beat the Chiefs at Arrowhead so that has to count for something.

18. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Colts tend to play good at Arrowhead. They like to run the ball & have a credible defense.

19. steelerzfannforever

steelerzfannforever Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    With Tomlin....anything is possible! Playing a high school team would scare me, but an 0-6 Dolphins team scares me because of the history of this team playing down to the competition when we were good..now we are bad...SOOOOO!!

20. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Yeah the game where nine out of ten analysts and Vegas picked the chargers to win..

21. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Only in your dreams :hehehe:

22. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Sucks to be you :roflmao:

23. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Miami game reminds me of when Tampa came into our house without a win and with back up QB Glennon and they came out with a win. We not only played down to their level, we played beneath their level. History has shown that having two weeks to prepare doesn't help prepare this team at all. Remember Jax a couple of years ago in first round. With two weeks to prepare, we played worse the second time they came to Heinz and we were down 21 in the 1st qtr, in a playoff game, at home. All I can do is hope we win and I don't think anyone can be a real fan if they don't do so. Expect the worst, hope for the best and the chips will fall where they fall. With a bye week coming, along with my college team having a bye as well, I will revert to my Cowgirl hating ways and hope the Iggles tear them a new one in Zombie's World stadium.

24. tyler christopher

tyler christopher Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2016
    The chargers are as talented as just about any team in league on offense.... we probably caught them at right time.... They do this every year... they will be smoking teams by end of year......

25. Da_Cranberry

Jan 22, 2018
    How many pizzas you want to bet on us winning less than 7 games? Put up or shut up