1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Stafford

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Disco1981, Jan 23, 2021.

1. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

I personally will not be shocked if Patt Freiermuth is mocked to Pittsburgh for pick 24 as the months roll on by until April 29th. Personally I believe he is a First Round Talent despite some reports claiming he is not. That said, him being the pick will largely depend on the board. There is also one major caveat to all of this as well; Joe Haden's contract situation.

Again, he is going to be $15.575 Million against the cap for the upcoming 2021 league year. Given the fact that Haden is not getting any younger, now is a good time to possibly look at some corner prospects this season. Dream pick for me is still Jaycee Horn as he has the usual profile the team looks for. That said, for me, he is also a Top 20 Player and the likelihood of him getting to 24 is unlikely. Tyson Campbell might be worth a look but it all depends on the board.

2. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Like Ben

3. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Lol

Stafford coming to Pittsburgh? Cowher coming back has better odds.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Stafford had one of the best WRs of all time for a while... Calvin Johnson. What is it with the Lions and great players retiring way before their time? Barry Sanders, Calvin Johnson... WTF?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Nothing on this board bothers me! If it did, I'd spend my time somewhere else that didn't. I just find it interesting and amusing (in a good way) how or what some think about players who could improve the team. Yes, I hope you're right about walking and chewing gum as I didn't see as much as I'd hope with our offense this year. With a different OC, maybe that'll change.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. chris2fer

chris2fer Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2016
    I would rather lure Rodgers here

• Like Like x 1
  7. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    Lack of a winning culture. The Ford family runs it like a business rather than a sports organization

8. Marvology

Marvology Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2019
    Rodgers is way better, but we'd get more years out of Stafford. With our defense, I'd be happy with a probably cheaper Stafford on the roster.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Lions are the Edmund Fitzgerald of the NFCN great lakes region.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Me too, but he wouldn't have much of a team supporting him.

11. Steelcitian

Steelcitian Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2017
  12. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    As long as the OLine improves.....otherwise what's the point...

Need to get your head out of the 90's. Not a single team in the conference championship games had a RB come close to 300 carriers in the season. Investing in a RB does not win you championships. Draft a RB, use them, move on...

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    That report included nothing that hasn't already been posted on this board. Of course, the Steelers aren't trading for Stafford unless Roethlisberger retires or is cut.

14. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Darn Aaron Rodgers off the table. Totally thought the Steelers were gonna get him.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  15. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011

Almost certainly doesn’t include us but wonder who is going to get him. No way they trade him within the division so the Bears are out, probably the whole NFC is out, so Colts? That would be huge for them. Denver would be a possible landing spot if they want to give up on Lock.

16. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Hadn't thought of that song for years...............now, I can't NOT think of it!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  17. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Colts does sound about perfect doesn't it

18. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    If I am Matthew Stafford, I would be praying to go to Indy. With that Offensive line?! An upcoming star in Johnathan Taylor and an ascending Defense?! Why the heck not?!?!

19. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I agree, we don't want to get the QB then build around him. You build the foundation first, then draft or trade for the QB. Gotta give Tampa Bay credit, they had all the pieces in place, but Winston was not the guy to take them to the next level. They say Brady has more talent around him right now than he had in years. That is even without AB.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I have been thinking on this topic and trying to figure out just what I think it would take ...Reports are the Lions want a #1 but are not getting a lot of interest so maybe a 2 and a 3 gets him or a 2 and a player...I think the Steelers could do the 2 and 3 or 2 and a player,Matt may have 5 good seasons left maybe we could squeeze a SB out of that...

Ben needs to retire ,I think he will next week...Ben likes drama so it would be a great time SB week ...If I was Coach I would be telling him this as we intend to cut you , so use this week as your plat form and go out on top...My body can't hold up, Father Time is undefeated , and so on this way they can link Ben to Brady all sorts of angles ....

21. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    For the love of god; do not let the Steelers draft a CB or any DB for that matter early in the draft. People that desperately need to be fired are anyone who scouts DBs for Pittsburgh. Who would be the most successful DB that Tomlin has drafted?

Have they hired a DB coach yet?

I say pay Haden if it means not using an early pick on another DB bust.

22. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I agree about drafting Dbs. People want trades.? Trade 4 quality Dbs, that we know are good. Cause it sure seems it's our biggest weakness in drafting.

23. HueyWorley

HueyWorley Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Trading for Stafford would extend the Pittsburgh SB window for the next three years.

24. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    How are you going to pay him?

25. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    Have to have a balance, it is a business but it's also a sports team. Can't run it like a fan or you'll be bankrupt.