1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Spillane

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by NDsteelerfan, Dec 8, 2020.

1. NDsteelerfan

NDsteelerfan Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    According to sources, Spillane is out for awhile:facepalm::goodellsucks:

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    This sucks. Avery Williamson looked like a cross between Sean Spence and Jon Bostic last night. Steelers will have their hands full with Buffalo.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I haven’t seen anything concrete. Few games maybe but again, no medical reports.

4. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Steelers304

Steelers304 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2015
    Williamson sucks

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 3
  7. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Stick a fork in us. We're done! Too many injuries and a knucklehead for an Offensive Coordinator. This team ain't going nowhere fast. Add to the fact that teams can cheat and get away with it with no repercussions as seen on many occasions from Covid rescheduling to Alex Smith getting an extra TO for points against us.

In HeinzMustards words........

WE ARE DOOMED!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
  8. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I'm eager to see how Avery can grow in this defense. From reports, they say he is a "football junkie."

That was too tough throwing him out there yesterday, when Spillane was the guy with the green dot. A week to prepare and be the guy will help us greatly.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Heard Nelson should be back, Connor and Pouncy

• Like Like x 1
  11. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    That seems unlikely. Yet again, the screwed up schedule works against the Steelers.

12. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Hope so. Two plays after he went out, Layne was victimized for a TD.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    Wiliamson has been on the roster for over a month. As Tomlin said initially, he is a depth piece. I hope he can help. At least he has played the Bills a number of times.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Frost33

Frost33 Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2014
    So we can count on you not watching or posting the rest of the year? Injuries suck, but better right now than in a few weeks. This could cost the Steelers the #1 seed but that isn't the end of the world. Let injuries get healthy and make a playoff run. Your lack of faith is pathetic.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012
    Nope. I'm watching and you will just have to put up with my posting on here for as long as the Mods let me. My faith would have to be huge to think that a team that cannot run the ball and even refuses to can take us far into the playoffs. Throwing it 55 times is not the answer especially when our receivers can't catch the ball. Spillane filled in awesomely and as soon as he got injured, our defense collapsed even though TJ Watt, Cam and Tuitt still played in beast mode. The blue print is now out there on how to beat this injury riddled team. The problems though are higher than that. HC, OC and STC are main factors for how our playoff appearance may be short lived. Tomlin should be raising as much HELL as possible to the league about that crap at the end of the first half where they had an "Administrative issue" but we all know he doesn't like to go against the league even though we've been screwed over time and again this season.

I know it's just one loss and I'm probably overreacting but if MT can somehow pull this mess together then he deserves Coach of the Year X10.

Let's just say I'm not getting my hopes up but I'm not boycotting or jumping off the wagon either. We're lucky to be 11-1 but 12-1 is going to monumental playing against a much better Bills team.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012

Layne dose not look like he is ready for prime time

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    If Buffalo runs a similar game plan as they did last night where they basically said pick your poison, it will be tough. If they can figure out some way to defend the middle there is hope. If Bince runs into pick plays again, it will be a long night

18. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    The Alex Smith thing was just the football gods balancing against us since we kind of did a similar thing against Baltimore at the end of the first half.

19. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012
    Taking your time getting up and off of players is something that every team tries to get away with and has been for years. It sometimes works as it did against the Rats and sometimes backfires with a flag on the team with a delay of game penalty.

Stopping the clock by not giving the ball back is something I've never seen before and apparently neither have the refs so they make up some "Administrative Issue" in order to justify leaving 8 seconds on the clock to get the kicker in the game on time and even give him warmup reps.

I don't blame the WFT for trying it and getting away with it but the officials botched the delay of game call there with completely made up baloney.

• Agree Agree x 1