1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Spillane Hit on Henry

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by mcam, Oct 26, 2020.

1. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Henry is a beast of a running back not only with his power but his speed. By far he is one of the greatest threats at running back in the nfl right now imo.

With that said, WOW the hit Spillane let out on him at the goal line. You can tell he gave everything he had on that one, and to probably the best goal line back in the league now.

Just a shout out of respect to him. He's filled in nicely for Bush

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. SteelersFanCanada

SteelersFanCanada Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2019
    Good ol smash mouth football.

Spillane definitely earned his spot.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Tiggs99

Tiggs99 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2019
    Hopefully he didn’t injure himself seriously. We need him at 100% next game.

4. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    That was an incredible text book goal line tackle. Actually could have been the game saver. Really don't think Bush makes that stop as I've noticed he usually tries to throw the shoulder tackle instead of squaring up the runner and wrapping up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. NDsteelerfan

NDsteelerfan Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    that was grown man football! line up two bulls and let em see who the big dog is...

6. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    That was SEC vs the MAC. Not too bad.

7. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    My heart dropped when he walked off field. Injuries take the wind out of fans.

8. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    If anyone had any lingering questions About him
    He answered them on that play!

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Great hit for certain. However, Robert's resolve and aggression is what caught my eye in that sequence. No fear of being the aggressor and no hesitation the same. Only one way to stop Derrick Henry and Robert Spillane knew what was needed.

He delivered and in a big way.. Glad to see that he definitely held his own against Tennessee. That said, I imagine we will see more Dime Defense and UG3 against Baltimore. Mark Andrews is a problem but thankfully not an issue.

10. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Great form tackle and how it's suppose to be done. He never hesitated with that tackle and it had to hurt. Hope he's okay after that hit.

11. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    That hit will live with me forever. It was one of the biggest goal line collisions I've ever seen. The same way Bettis running over Urlacher will stick with me, this hit will stick with me forever. I may one day have to google the name of Spillane to remember who laid the hit, but I will never forget the actual hit.

There's no shortage of big hits on WR's, but off the top of my head, I can't think of a bigger hit involving 2 big bulls like that. Both guys may not have been at full speed, but they weren't far off and they hit head on. Spillane could have went low, but he took that load head on. A lot of DL in the league wouldn't have been willing to do that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016

• Like Like x 3