1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Sources: Ravens didn't assure OC candidates that Lamar will return

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by Steelersfan43, Feb 16, 2023.

1. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Wow, does Terry Fontenot know that you’re calling him incompetent?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. SteelersFan369

SteelersFan369 Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2022
    Arthur Blank can greet him pn the sidelines at the end of the games and hopefully not have to wheel him in

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    He was all in on deshaun last yr.

4. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    And yet he’s a Cleveland Brown despite his family being in Georgia and initially not wanting to go North because of the weather.

And just to save you the time of posting what he said about wanting to go to Cleveland for football reasons, I’m aware of what he said and I believe him about that as much as I believe his word over that of 2 dozen women. Not at all.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Cle offered more money. Only reason he there. But it was a better football situation then Atlanta.

6. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    I didn't know that Vick ever dated Kamala Harris.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I don’t think so. There have been QB signings since Watson and those teams stood firm on not following the Browns footsteps. I think teams were probably very pissed at the Browns for handing out that contract.

As someone that thinks a lot about Watsons abilities, that was a very stupid thing for the Browns to do. I wouldn’t be surprised if there was some collusion going on after that saying don’t anyone dare give out that kind of contract again.

I think Jackson is ruining his career much the same way Bell did. Ravens aren’t offering him peanuts, take their deal and go play football.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    If you jump off a cliff and the rest of us don’t follow it’s not collusion it’s common sense

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    It could be both. Collusion for everyone to use common sense.

10. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I've read so many articles that I now cannot even remember where I read this. Allegedly, teams are not showing interest in Lamar Jackson. It is alleged they are doing so to prevent other fully guaranteed contracts like Deshuan Watson's from becoming the norm. If Watson becomes the star QB and turns the Browns into a force in the NFL, good for them. However, I'll be shocked if it plays out that way. The Browns will be paying for that contract in more ways than one. While I am not a fan of Brady's since the Steelers often came up short against the Patriots, there is no denying that by Brady not being the highest paid QB so the Patriots could build the team around him further solidifies is status as GOAT. I know many will disagree due to the various cheating scandals, but it is hard to deny.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    To go along with my last post about guaranteed contracts, I think there should be a maximum. If you are that great a player, you can make up the difference with endorsements brokered through the NFL. If your play declines your endorsements go away.

I can't imagine going into my company with a number in mind and telling them I will sit out the next project unless I get even a 20% pay increase. It doesn't matter how valuable I am (or think I am), but I would be let go for job abandonment.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    I wonder if Harbaugh wants to go back to the days when the Ravens were winning Super Bowls with the QBs of Trent Dilfer and Joe Flacco?

Back to Basic football: Great Defense, Good Running Game, and a mediocre QB who doesn't cost you games.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Brady had the benefit of having a wife who earned over 50 million a year as a super model. He could "settle" for 25 million a year and still be ridiculously wealthy.

14. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Can't win in this afc doing that.