1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Sour Grapes

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by CK 13, Mar 21, 2018.

1. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
  2. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I don't blame Mitchell for being a little salty. People don't like him, but I really think he was all in on being a Steeler. I wish him the best. I'm sure he will be on the field for someone next season.

• Like Like x 1
  3. IZONUFOTO

IZONUFOTO Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    I wish they could show stats of how many times a player was out of position..or got beat deep or made an awesome shoulder hit only to see the offensive dude bounce off and keep getting yac..... bye Mitchell...Ill miss you even less than I miss Cockrell..

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Stats don't tell the whole story.....he definitely seemed to lack leadership because of his actions and it seems that his communication in the secondary wasn't great. I see Burnett as more of a leader and a known communicator. In Mitchell's defense, on the field I think he was miscast as a FS especially with his injuries. I think he would of been more effective around the LOS and the fact that they left him to die in the single high doesn't give me much hope that Davis can make the switch to FS. Why didn't he get the opportunity last year when things couldn't of gotten any worse....we were clamoring for Gay,Sutton, Wilcox anybody because Mitchell was such a liability ....but no they kept trotting him out there.
    Bradley has his work cut out for him but with top notch coaching I think we have enough pieces plus a FS in the draft.
    If Mitchell is on the field for someone next year playing single high ,I hope it's for our opponent every week.....

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    I'm not so sure, at all. He is simply a poor player. And by doing things like celebrating a tackle after an opponent goes for 15 yards and a 1st down, he ain't leadership material. As usual, the Steelers were a year late in getting rid of a bad player. He'd have never been on the Pats' team in 2017; they cut their losses without worrying about it hurting egos.

6. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Hopefully New England or Jacksonville!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    What's going on with all these Defensive Backs?
    Divas.
    Tweeting how good they are, arguing with Deion Sanders(none of them have rings or Hall of Fame).
    Now glad Steelers didn't pick up Mathieu. His tweet is just stupid.

8. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I couldn't find any stats on that but here is a pic of his coverage skills......

[​IMG]

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    yeah, after his garbage outside the locker room crap before the playoff game...

In thier defense though. They did pretty much shut them down with the long field...not so much when they gave them short fields.

10. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    What tweet? I looked at his page, didnt see anything bad.

11. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    what if we wind up resigning him anyway?

It would be funny to see him have to back track....

12. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Please no... Don't need him around here no mo!?

13. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    As long as it's not the Pittsburgh Steelers...

14. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

hard to believe .. if I was just to use the eye test I would assume Mitchell sucked badly this year

Mike Mitchell's release is just business. But for the "Morgan Burnett is way better crowd..."

Career Regular Season:

M. Burnett (102 starts, 9 INTs, 8 FF, 10 FR, 7.5 Sacks)

M. Mitchell (83 starts, 10 INTs, 7 FF, 8 FR, 7.5 Sacks)

15. BK99

BK99 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    The stats don't tell the whole story. Burnett is a consistent player, Mitchell had 3 good seasons with his best coming from his season with the panthers. What is obvious is when Troy was gone it showed that Mitchell wasn't very good and his reads were poor. I'm hoping Burnett can teach Sean Davis, if Davis has another lousy season I'll officially label him a bust but perhaps with a new coach and a better veteran player he might do better.

16. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    Those stats are so insanely nit-picked that it's hilarious. I need way more information to even make a decent analytically-driven decision.

Hell -- how many times was Burnett beaten on a deep ball, how many times was he out of place and how many times did he go for the hard hit over a clean tackle?

I liked Mitchell, but he cost us big time down the stretch. We need a guy like Burnett. Someone who isn't flashy and will MAKE THE DAMN TACKLE.

17. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Adding to the above, how many times has he bitten on the fake leaving the middle of the field wide open?

18. IZONUFOTO

IZONUFOTO Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Im thinking Mitchell might have slightly better stats because..QBs thought he was the weakest link and targeted him more... maybe Burnett had better coverage and didnt have the opportunities for INTs that Mitchell had.. seriously considering how many times Mitchell was involved in a a play he should have had more INTs... the stat I want to see is ..Missed INT opportunities..lol

• Agree Agree x 1