1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Sorry, but the stats say Kenny sucks...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Benny Lava, Oct 23, 2022.

1. theotherbigben

theotherbigben Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2011
    For all you hating on KP, tell me the last successful rookie QB that had to deal with a trash o-line, trash running back, trash offensive coordinator, and a defense that likes to give up 17+ points in the opponents first three drives. These aren't recipes for success for a rookie let alone an all pro QB.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Cam newton

3. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Dang....If Picketts career is as Bad as Cam Newtons....then We are in trouble.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. theotherbigben

Nov 16, 2011
    DeAngelo Williams and Jonathan Stewart in their prime. I would not call that trash running backs. Try again.

• Like Like x 1
  5. theotherbigben

Nov 16, 2011
    Not to mention Jordan Gross at LT and Ryan Kalil at center. Nobody on our o-line is in that league.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Was this meant to make sense

7. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Johnathan Stewart cam's rookie yr played 9 games and ran for 332 yards.. and D'Angelo Williams ran for 700 yards. Lol cam himself ran for 700 yards. Thats not prime rb play by them lol. Try again.

8. theotherbigben

Nov 16, 2011
    You're looking at 2012 stats. That's Cam's second year. Do your research next time.

9. theotherbigben

Nov 16, 2011
    He replied to my post saying Cam Newton had trash running backs during his rookie year. I responded by telling him who those running backs were. My point was, those were two very good running backs.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    In his rookie yr cam ran himself for almost the same amount of yards as both of them did. He had just as much impact on the run game as they did and having a dual threat qb that can run like him does a lot for the running backs with the scheme and read option.

11. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    And Najee Harris is a very good rb. He’s already had a better season as a rookie than Johnthan Stewart ever had in his whole career.

12. theotherbigben

Nov 16, 2011
    3.9 ypc last year and 3.3 this year. That's pedestrian at best. I'm done here✌️

13. shadowmaker

shadowmaker Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    How many times has the OC called to throw the ball to Pickens? That one handed body twisted into a pretzel to the weak hand upside down helmet on backwards while eating a peanut butter and strawberry jelly catch that he made on TV for the world to see.....2x after that....FRIGGING TWO!!! The guy is a freak and no throws to him? I dont care how many interceptions KP throws. Ben threw a lot, like #21 on the all time list and we got SB rings out of him.

EDITED to say....The cowboys have awesome stats for over 20 yrs....

• Like Like x 1
  14. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    So why were they 2-14 the yr before cam and in postioon to draft him? All those guys you named form.the rbs and oline were their the yr before cam got there so why did they cometpetelt such if all thatbid what makes a rookie qb successful when alot of rookie qbs especially #1 overall picks are going to the absolute worst team in the nfl the yr prior?

15. theotherbigben

Nov 16, 2011
    I'm not a 2010 Carolina Panthers historian so I couldn't tell you. I believe they did fire the head coach and brought in Ron Rivera that year. They also got a new o coordinator. By the way, that coordinator was thought of highly enough to be hired as a head coach two years later. That ain't happening with Pickett's current coordinator. Again, the point is Cam had more help around him than Kenny.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Kenny passes the eye test for me to give him plenty of time to get right or get gone.

And I like his fire and demeanor on and off the field with the media. I think he’s a leader type guy. I’m believing in him for now.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Not necessarily. You have ocoordinators getting jobs who we know don't call plays like Hackett under green bay. Lafleur calls the plays. Or the guy who got hired by Miami.

Also good qbs get their coordinators jobs. Look how may coordinators peyton, Brady, etc.. have played with and their career and they all mostly looked bad without them. People have literally killed Greg Roman's palycallimg in Baltimore. Kurt Warner did a whole breakdown on how bad his playbook and concepts are and yet lamar is still balling.

Also I have another one for you. Rookie kyler Murray. You take away his 544 and they rank 27th in the nfl in rushing. Bad run game. His best wr was a 36 year old Larry Fitzgerald who probably couldn't out run you. He had a terrible oline and still was the nfl rookie of the year. And he had a rookie unqualified head coach who was a guy in college who had a losing record with baker mayfield and Patrick mahomes as his starting qbs..

Also your point was who had better help. You said trash.

18. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Derek Henry last yr avg 4.3..