1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Somethings Brewing (per Bryant McFadden)

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by BluegrassSteel, Apr 29, 2024.

1. jasper04

jasper04 Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2012
    They do when they are busting your A**,or they are the Rat Birds or Bungles of late rubbing their nose in our face!

2. jasper04

jasper04 Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2012
    Or how about Holoti teaching his kids, AND letting them say "Steelers SUCK" on national TV when they announced the Ravens pick!!! I do have to admit I did like that one, but no way in hell I let my KIDS say that on national TV!! ME?? Yeah your getting it!!

Allen.

3. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Coming back from being benched 2-3 games isn't that big of a deal.

4. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I'm starting to think the capologist in Khan is going to get in the way. Every move doesn't have to be a great bargain.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Damn, Chark was my favorite Free Agent out there.

The Fear Monger in me, Is now thinking Khan is go create a massive hole in our Offense, by trading away Najee for a WR. I could see a Najee for Courtland Sutton trade coming down the line.

7. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I didn’t want him. Chark was more of a one trick pony than Mike Wallace ever was.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  8. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    It’s looking like Khan will lose this one, the more time that goes by the less leverage he has. He’ll probably have to overpay at this point in a trade for a WR.

If they go into this season with what they have, thats a blow to the team. As much as I like Wilson, he’s a rookie.

Maybe Metcalf is still a possibility. That would be a nice addition.

9. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    My biggest concern with Khan is that he may be trying too hard to get a great bargain with every move. That just isn't possible. Sometimes, you have to pay a fair value or even a little above for the good of the team. This team is built to win now, but with a couple of huge holes (receiver and slot corner). For all the good he does, those holes are on Khan, too.

I don't think Metcalf was ever an option, but it's fun to hope.

10. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    I know he is a pain in the ASS, but guess we couldn't afford ODell either,

Miami signed three-time Pro Bowler Odell Beckham Jr. to a one-year deal that is worth $3 million guaranteed.

Not sure what Khan is waiting on, or if he truly believes the Steelers are set at WR, with 3rd year man Pickens as WR1 and then whoever at WR2.

Mot much out there. Allen Robinson is now considered a top free agent WR by Spottrac. The top 3 are Renfrow, Robinson and Boyd.

Last edited: May 5, 2024
  11. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Given the lack of 3 WR sets that Smith uses and his preference for big personnel maybe they are content with Pickens, Wilson and Jefferson. We are going to see a lot of Muth and Washington on the field at the same time. Or Pruitt. Also a lot of sets with two RB’s.

Hopefully Khan can still land a big time WR because otherwise they are putting a lot of faith in a rookie.

12. Trafalgar

Trafalgar Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2016
    He'll get a WR. Have faith on this one.

13. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011

Ah yes the archaic offensive plan. They will probably get someone but I feel a big time trade is not going to happen. Camp Cut possibly.

Cordarrelle Paterson is the wild card here who can play multiple positions. And I wonder about Austin III where he fits in. Or out?

They best find a passing game if in so they make the playoffs.

14. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Patterson hasn't played much receiver in a long time. I'm sure he will be a part of things on offense, but I hope they don't take Warren out of the third-down packages. He was fantastic in that role last season. Patterson may still be dynamic at times, but Warren is the better player.

• Agree Agree x 1