1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Something to contemplate

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by BK99, Feb 5, 2018.

1. BK99

BK99 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Isn't it amazing the Eagles scored 2 TDs that Riveron reversed during the regular season? The Zach Ertz TD aka Jesse James no TD, and the Clement TD was similar to the Kelvin Benjamin no TD. It appears he used a different standard for the SB, and don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, I'm just wondering why the same standard didn't get applied during the regular season. There was also a catch by Cooks for NE that was ruled a TD when it was obvious the ball hit the ground, that was against the Texans and that was the winning score. Kind of strange the calls the team benefitted from all season came back and bit them in the SB.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    The Ertz and James catches weren't the same at all.

James was going down in the act of making the catch. Now, I believe his turning and lunging should have made it a catch, but the rule they applied negated that. That rule did NOT apply to the Ertz catch as he established himself as a runner after catching the ball. Therefore, anything happening after breaking the plane didn't matter.

But yeah. We've seen those calls go in favor of NE all year. Odd that they didn't tonight.

They'll say that extra scrutiny doesn't affect how they call things. But they were under a TON of scrutiny. Can you imagine the outcry if they overturned those and NE won? It would have been a massive black eye to the league.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. quark12000

quark12000 Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2015
    Jesse's was very similar. He caught the ball, then changed direction and lunged. Two distinct actions, just like Ertz.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    It's obvious the Gambino syndicate is much tougher than the O'Shaunessy syndicate. :club:

(In turn, the O'Shaunessy syndicate is much tougher than the Dombrowski syndicate). :threaten: