1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Something I Heard Today That I Thought Was Interesting

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by S.T.D, Apr 4, 2022.

1. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    In the last 40 years No Qb outside of Brady, Peyton M., and John Elway have won a SB with the team that drafted them....outside of the 7th year with said team.
    Found that interesting.
    So basically it's saying by history....if You don’t win a SB with Your Qb in 7 years....move on...:shrug:

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Guess I was the only one interested. LoL

3. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Ancient times it was thought it took up to 5 years for a,QB to really learn the game. They started, but to really become a mature leader. I know different times and colleges are using O that make it easier for younger guys to find success. On the other hand if Qbs are not successful in year 3 the decision has to be made on the 5th year option, and the decisions are often made based on a GM or HC needs to save their job. I wonder if a guy like Ken Stabler, who sat for 4 or 5 years would even make it today.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    It really shows how much times have changed in the NFL.

5. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    I'm surprised that Montana didn't make the list. The telling thing for me is how much salary cap and FA changed the game. QB's these days are eating up close to 1/6th of cap space. I think this is something that the owners need to to fix and fast. Perhaps they could do what the MLS does and pay 1 designated player a salary outside the cap and the rest of the 53 under a hard salary cap; therefore, Rodgers $60m pay in '23 wouldn't count against the cap. These contracts are making teams feast or famine, as opposed to having complete teams.

6. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Really....I think the Owner like it that way..IMO....the way the game is ....You have 2 learn 2 build around that, or figure ways around that. Like chess.

7. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    I've thought about something like that. But honestly one player exempt will not solve any problems. As other positions become important..right now WR we are seeing some of them making almost QB money 2 orc3 years removed. The real issue fir a lot of these teams will be the guaranteed money that is now becoming a standard. If Rodgers or Watson get injured long term that money is still due. Goodluck trying to deal with that.

AQL has a really good post explaining the issues with the Watson deal and the impact it will have.

• Like Like x 1