1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Some Steeler Fan Questions...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Chinchilla, Dec 31, 2020.

1. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    When and How did you become a Steeler Fan?

Birthright. Both parents were big sports fans. My dad was a student of the game of baseball. Loved the game, but liked all sports. I was 9 when they won SB X and I got caught up in the excitement of it all. From then on, me and a buddy at school kept seasonal stats on all the NFL players, divisional standings, the whole bit. We'd get the whole class whipped into a frenzy each year they made the playoffs in the 70's, even the kids that didn't like sports. It was a great time to be a kid in S.W. Pennsylvania.

All Time favorite player?

Really tough question. Probably Jack Ham on defense and a toss up between Jerome Bettis and John Stallworth on offense .

Most Hated Steeler?

I never really, truly hated a Steeler until Brown. All the God given ability and work ethic a player could want. Complete and total zero as a human being.

Most Satisfying Win?

SB X. SB XL gets an honorable mention. All the young fans I knew, like guys at my club, guys I bowled against, nephews, etc. got the chance to enjoy it, and I enjoyed that part of it.

Toughest Defeat?

Probably the loss to the Chargers in the AFCCG. The way they lost that game was an abomination. I still can't understand how Alfred Pupunu got that wide open. Twice.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Chinchilla

Chinchilla Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2019
    I cant believe how you recall the same moments in the same reactions. That sucks about Hastings. Thats like telling me there is no Easter Bunny.

I forgot about Mitchell but you are spot on. I remember when he and the kid from The U got burned on the Brady Flea Flicker.

Im from Connecticut so its all Pats/Jets/Giants/Bills pretty much. Growing up...the Pats were pretty bad but my hate started when Biilicheat and Brady were put together.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Chinchilla

Dec 21, 2019
    Its wild because I will go to Concert with my Lloyd Jersey from 94 and I get all these people coming over and showing these tattoos of Steeler Art all over them...players, banners, etc Its like a cult. lol

• Like Like x 1
  4. Chinchilla

Dec 21, 2019
    [/QUOTE]

Agree here on everything. Bens rookie season I think it was...the Pats LBs were better aligned than the Steelers when the play was called and they just said it was intense film study. lol

I used to get lucky predicting Bruce Arians plays because he had no Fullback and his formations and personnel really did reveal running plays like 9 out 10 times unless Benn audibled.

5. Chinchilla

Dec 21, 2019
    Yeah...sorry...the Lineman...I probably spelt him wrong.

6. Chinchilla

Dec 21, 2019
    Great recall SF. I am 50 so it looks like we could be close in age to remember the beginning of the Steeler Dynasty in the 70s.

7. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    We were at the same game. I was at Pitt stadium that day also. If memory serves we really sucked that year.

• Like Like x 1
  8. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    You have given my wife one hell of a laugh!! She found your comment so funny. It is now being shared with all her Facebook friends.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Spock

Spock Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2015
    Became a Steeler Fan when: I was very young. Maybe 6 or so. My best friends father was from Akron, Oh. He was a very obnoxious fan. I could root against him by being a Steelers fan. This was in the late 1960's. It's been a great ride for me.

I have to go O and D: Defense: Jack Lambert Offense: Hines Ward

Worst Loss: Neil O'Donnell throwing away the Super Bowl to the Cowboys ( I'll always question whether or not he intentionally did that).

10. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Always. LoL. My ole man was a fan. I remember my Mom getting me a Joe Namath uniform with the pads & everything and him laughing at the colors. Favorite Steelers use 2 b Woodson till he left. I burned his AFC pro bowl uni. I cringe when I think about me doing that....I think Hines Ward is my favorite. Worse loss is against Chargers in AFC championship...we had Foster and....never mind....anyway we were up and at half I ordered papa John's 4 everyone that was watching at my place....next thing I knew we lost....I promptly threw everyone out of my place, and have NEVER eaten papa John's again.:smiley1:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  11. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    When and How did you become a Steeler Fan?

1989, had a Tv with an antenna in my room that got 3 or 4 channels. Whichever network showed the AFC came in well and they featured the Steelers. Bubby Brister, Merril Hodge, Tim Worley, Louis Lipps, Dwight “hands of” Stone, Greg Lloyd, Rod Woodson. Chuck Noll should’ve won coach of the year.

All Time favorite player?

Ben, brought Lombardis back to Pittsburgh, named my son after him.

Most Hated Steeler?

Ray Lewis, Tom Brady :shrug:

Most Satisfying Win

Super Bowl 43, I was on my way to Iraq. This got us number 6. Great interception by JH92. Ben (should’ve been MVP) and Holmes with the game winning drive.

Toughest Defeat?

SB 30

• Like Like x 2
  12. SteelerNole

SteelerNole Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2019
    Became a Steeler fan in 1975. I was 6. They were on TV a lot.

Favorite Steeler(s): it’s a long list, but I’ll go with Bradshaw and Lambert.

Least favorite (not hated): AB and Martavis Bryant. Both just so un-Steeler like.

Most satisfying win: SB 43

Toughest defeat: the lost SB’s.

• Like Like x 1
  13. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    1) My friends and I would watch games and then there was the Black&Gold. And the adopted Steel Logo on the right side only. Hooked. As well as my friends. 1972. Wasn't as obsessed early on but once you have been injected with the Black & Gold serum it's for life. At least it is for me. I'm from NJ.

2) Lloyd. Just Plain Nasty...

3) Hate is a strong word. Their have been several I didn't care for.

4) 2008 AFC Championship. I was there.

5) 1994 AFC Championship. The only time I teared up strong.

14. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Any other Qb would have gotten MVP for that drive. Not only did he throw a td 2 Holmes ...threw a easier one right b4 that. I thought I would throw up when Holmes let that go in and out of his hands.

15. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    1) Lambert

2) Lambert

3) hate the Cowboys, dislike many others.

4) SB X

5) SB XXX

16. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Life long memories man.. they will all stick with me forever.

I have too many for that list.

17. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    I hate your two most hated too but would not have minded if they were Steelers. Although I don't think Brady would have flourished as well in the Steeler system.

18. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    They say that 1989 was Noll's best coaching job. They got blown out the 1st two games of the 89 season by combined 92-10 by the Browns and Bengals.
    The started 0-2 and he got that team to playoffs.

The had a huge upset of the Oilers in the WC round and dang near upset John Elway and Denver the following week losing only by 1 point.

Cleveland lost to Denver and Denver got smacked to death 55-10 in the Super Bowl by the 49ers.

• Like Like x 1