1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Some of your favorite Ben moments

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel machine, Jan 3, 2022.

1. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Geez where to begin

A rookie knocking off undefeated teams back to back weeks
    The promise to Bettis
    The Tackle
    The double finger pistol against the Broncos
    The throw to San Antonio Holmes
    The broken nose vs Baltimore
    The 37-36 500 yard game against Green Bay

I could go on, but I've got to run to an orthodontist appt.....

• Like Like x 3
  2. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Haven't seen it anywhere on here, but during the game last night, the announcers said that in 18 years, Ben has only played in two games where the Steelers were eliminated from playoff contention.

• Like Like x 1
  3. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I have many, but probably My most memorable is seeing Him live.... His rookie year in Dallas. That old Dallas stadium was packed with Steelers fans. I remember them going on about no rookie would beat them. LoL

4. aregeejay

aregeejay Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2014
    About five years ago, our local high school had a reserve football player injured on the field with a spinal injury. This lad has since graduated high school, but remains paralyzed. He faithfully does his rehab workouts and says he WILL walk again (in fact, to get his HS diploma, he walked across the stage with the help of an "exo-skeleton" contraptions). While he was in the hospital, he received a call from Ryan Shazier. They talked for a long, long time. This lad's face beamed. Then, Shazier told him that he was going to give the phone to someone else who wanted to talk with him.....it was Ben Roethlisberger. They talked for another long period, and Ben said there was another person who wanted to talk with him.....it was Coach Mike Tomlin. By this time everyone in the room was in tears. But this 15 year old young man had a huge ear-to-ear smile, his eyes lighted up the room! His dad left the room at the end of the phone call....went into the hallway and sobbed. He told everyone that he had been a Cleveland Browns fan his entire life, and was still a Browns' fan.....but today....the Pittsburgh Steelers touched his heart.

These are my Steelers. Thank you, Ben!

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I was at his very first game. Baltimore - Ben drafted as a future thought, "let's go with Tommy another year or 2", blah blah blah. Tommy then gets his arm ripped off and the Legend begins. boy did Cowher ever LUCK into Ben!!!
    the Immaculate Tackle is probably the most memorable for me. Beating the Colts as 12 pt dogs was amazing!

• Like Like x 1
  6. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    still recall being on a business trip that day when the news broke, stayed up till 11, 12a to see the docs come out of surgery with some sort of update

Crazy stuff for sure!!

7. gibson43

gibson43 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Two that I was in attendance for.
    Holmes SB touchdown pass
    Christmas day game against Ravens. Ben to AB for the immaculate extension.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2019
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Iv'e been going to games pretty much since Ben was drafted.

I have been lucky enough to see some great moments. I saw him twice his rookie year. I saw him 3 times during their 2008 year, including Ravens AFCCG.

One that clearly stands out, during a game I was at, was when he hit Wallace in the endzone as a walk-off TD to beat the Packers.

10. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Cleveland would have screwed him up anyways. Probably would have been one of the flops.

• Agree Agree x 2