1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Some of your favorite Ben moments

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel machine, Jan 3, 2022.

1. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Start this up before game as a little tribute. I know there were many and we will have different ones.

My big ones:

His very first game. I could just tell we had something special. His performance was nothing special but you could tell he was a winner.

The pass to Holmes in SB. He threaded the needle.

The tackle that saved The Bus's ass and helped him get his SB ring. Ben don't make that tackle we have 5 SB's. One of the worse tackles I ever saw but QB's are not tacklers.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Is this limited to Ben's on-the-field performances?:sneak:;+)

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    That’s where I went right off the bat. That’s not something I’m willing to overlook.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  4. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Some of the deep balls to MB or Mike Wallace. The ones where the ball seemed to be in the air for 70 yards. Impressive stuff.

I was lucky enough to be in attendance when Ben threw for 6tds against the Ravens.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    The TD throw to Ward in the AFC Championship vs. Broncos with Champ Bailey covering.

• Like Like x 3
  6. FosterMorris

FosterMorris Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2016
    Ben having his nose broken by Ngata but getting the W in 2010.

Winning TD pass to Wallace vs GB.

Winning TD in XLIII.

The connection he had with Holmes and AB. So many great plays.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  7. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    The QB sneak TD two weeks ago, proving all the doubters, including myself, wrong.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Marvology

Marvology Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2019
    Avoiding a game-deciding sack by horse face Terrell Suggs by basically shock putting the ball out of bounds, then coming back with the winning TD.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    EVERY 4TH QTR COME BACK WIN. Especially the SB XLIII winning throw.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
  10. RobertoC#21

RobertoC#21 Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2011
    The pass to AB against the Ravens on 4th and 9 or something......the original helmet catch by AB on the sideline, kind of put AB on the map and proved Ben had the stones in big games.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. StillCurtain

StillCurtain Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2018

Excellent choices! I remember feeling the same way upon seeing him play in relief of Tommy when he went down. I remember seeing poise in the pocket, quick reads and good mobility...all would get better as he honed his craft.

The game winner to holmes has to be the winner for me. A perfect pass with 3 defenders in the area. Perfect pass and perfect catch. Was also good to see after his less than stellar performance in the previous superbowl they won.

I was in Indy to witness the Immaculate tackle first hand. Lots of colts fans had lost heart and were leaving so we walked from our seats to stand against the balcony railing to get a better view. Dad had been holding in a piss for quite awhile afraid to go and miss anything. Finally feeling comfortable with the situation he announced to me " my back teeth are floating" and he made a run for the bathroom thinking like most of us that the bus was getting ready to put the exclamation mark on our revenge game against the colts. I watched the ball squirt out and remember my heart racing and feeling weak in the knees as I watched Ben run backwards but felt weirdly calm after he made the shoestring tackle. Something in me told me it was going to be ok. Maybe because our defense had come up with big plays all day despite the refs screwing troy on his interception or maybe because I had boldly proclaimed right after our playoff loss the previous year that if we could just sneak in the playoffs we would win the superbowl. We had squandered so many home playoff games I felt with finally having a great qb we could win it but it had to be on the road.. Just as memorable to me as the tackle though will be the look on my dad's face when he came running back from the bathroom. He had heard the crowd and knew something bad had happened. He probably asked me 3 or 4 times like almost like he didn't believe the explanation I gave. They finally showed the replay on the big screen so he could see it. What a game that was. So many of steeler Nation was in attendance that day. Sorry for the long ramble but man those are good memories!

I would also throw in our come from behind win on the ravens in the playoffs and Ben's broken nose game as stellar performances by big ben.

• Like Like x 4
  12. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    My favorite over all is probably the Immaculate Redemption/Shoestring tackle after Bettis' fumble at the goal line. That was epic.

I'll also always remember the game winning TD pass to Holmes in the Superbowl against AZ.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Big Ben from 2004-2011 for me. Granted, I was only around from 2008 until 2011 and Big Ben did have better statistical seasons even after 2011 but those years were the most complete Big Ben played in my opinion.

• Like Like x 1
  14. RockyBleier

RockyBleier Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2015
    I was at the broken nose game. My son and I took a beating from the Ravens fans but stood with arms upraised in glorious victory after Troy stripped Flacco and Ben escaped the sack from Suggs on First down and later hit Redmon for the winning TD. Oh they bombed us with beer and blue language...but we took it all in stride!

Last edited: Jan 3, 2022
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. WinTheNorth

WinTheNorth Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    This was mine :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. RobertoC#21

RobertoC#21 Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2011
    I agree the greatest pass in NFL history is the pass to Santonio with 35 seconds left in the Super Bowl , covered by 3 defenders and was absolutely thrown in the only place possible that allowed Santonio to not only catch the ball, get his feet down and make sure none of the 3 defenders could even make a play on the ball.....ABSOLUTELY the GREATEST PASS EVER. Also lets not forget that Ben had just thrown the exact same pass the play prior to Holmes, hit him in the hands in the other corner ( another perfect pass BTW ) that Holmes dropped. Ben came right back to Santonio and welll.....the rest is history.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Those two 500+ yd games a few years back which I believe strangely the Steelers managed to win both. May have been back to back and set a record? Fuzzy precise memory on this but it was awesome. :herewego:

• Like Like x 2
  18. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2015
    Steel Machine, you picked my favorite 2:

1. The tackle against the Colts
    2. The pass to Santonio

I will also say if Ben did not play during the Brady era, At least 2 more titles.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Brandon556211

Brandon556211 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    One of my favorites was the touchdown pass to Wallace against GB as the clock ran out.

Final Drive of the SB against the Cards for obvious reasons.

And the promise to the Bus to get him a title and then the following year making that tackle against the Colts.

• Like Like x 2
  20. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    The tackle. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. Coolhandluke23

Coolhandluke23 Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2021
    Knox vegas steel were did that come from?? ?

22. winggin

winggin Well-Blitzed Member

Oct 23, 2011
    When he walked away from a motorcycle accident after winning the Super Bowl. That's when I knew he was godly!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  23. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    All of the above.

Though perhaps one that encapsulates his on field play was that regular season game against the Cowboys when he pump faked about 18 times before throwing a TD

• Like Like x 1
  24. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    You're right. Too much whisky. Deleted it.

25. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Me too. But it's because I've got a sick and perverted mind and a warped sense of humor.