1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Some harsh words from Big Ben on Le'veon Bell

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelByDesign, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Steeltradition83

Steeltradition83 Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Bingo....

2. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    LiBerty Bell has been dinged and cracked since he was drafted.... He has played 4 snaps in 7 games...and people are flipping out over Ben saying I have no idea what he can do...what his deal is..one day he is working hard...the next day he is gone....Thats the truth....he barely has been healthy enough to practice......Ben says he knows Heath...he sees him working his butt off to get back...thats because again...its true.

3. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    They say you lead by example. How much time does Ben spend in the training or film room?

I honestly don't know but if he is not extremely dedicated then he needs to understand the others are watching and he is the definitive leader on this
    team.

Bman

4. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    If ben would stop throwing pick 6's and fumble 6's maybe he would then rate to talk about who is hurt and who isn't

5. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Maybe he's trying to spark the kid,who knows? It would be very beneficial though if he would stop hurting our chances.

6. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Didn't Hines call Ben out when Ben was injured one time?

7. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Yep, Ravens game, Ben had a concussion.

8. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Do yo remember how long ago that was?

9. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Not sure, 4 or 5 seasons ago at least

10. steelerzfannforever

steelerzfannforever Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011

I dont think there is much he can say, seeing as how he has not stepped one foot on the field to help this team!

11. SteelerFanInKC

SteelerFanInKC Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Doesn't sound pissed to me, just sounds like a non-leader!

12. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
  13. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    Talk is cheap. And Bouchette is NOTORIOUS for inflammatory journalism.
    If bell gets any motivation outta all this crap, all the better.
    I HIGHLY doubt he needs any extra motivation tho, from everything else I`ve rad about his situation, other than the article at the beginning of this thread.
    Taken with a HUGE grain of salt.
    P.S. ... Lovem`, I LOVE your new Avatar!:thumbs_up::roflmao::applaud::herewego:
    GO STEELERS!!!

14. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Ben also said he wanted to see some nastiness from the line! Yep, he's a little put off right now.

15. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    lol, Ya gotta laugh TTF! Good grief.

16. dobbler-33

Nov 13, 2011
    Copied this off of the espn site...

PITTSBURGH -- Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger has challenged the Pittsburgh Steelers' offensive linemen to play with more of an attitude.

And he would love nothing more than to see a combination of swagger and nastiness from his personal protectors as the Steelers try to dig their way out from an 0-3 start.
    Ben Roethlisberger has challenged the Steelers' offensive linemen to play with more attitude. "Be tough. Be nasty," the quarterback said Wednesday.
    "Be tough. Be nasty," Roethlisberger said Wednesday before the Steelers' first practice of the week. "If you have to get a penalty because you're going to be nasty, a holding penalty or you're going to choke someone out on a run play ... I don't always think that's a bad thing if you get a penalty every once in a while because you're playing tough and nasty compared to not getting any penalties and just playing passive.
    "I know the O-line coach [Jack Bicknell Jr.] probably didn't want to hear me say that, but I just want them to have the confidence to go out and play the way that I know they can."

The Steelers have used two first-round draft picks and two second-round selections on their offensive line since 2010. They are still waiting for more return on those investments.

Roethlisberger has been sacked 10 times this season, and the Steelers are 31st in rushing offense (51.7 yards per game).

Criticism for the offense's struggles has been heaped on a Steelers line that is adjusting to a new position coach and lost its best player on the first possession of the season when center Maurkice Pouncey tore his ACL.

That scrutiny led Roethlisberger to tell the linemen privately last week that they simply needed to believe in themselves more.

"We're trying to be so perfect assignment-wise that we're not going out there and being as aggressive as we can be," right tackle Marcus Gilbert said. "I think we just have to forget about that and go out there and play football.

"It's always been known for years that a Pittsburgh Steelers offensive lineman is nasty. We have to get back those days. It got better last week and we look forward to it getting better this week and get this win."

The Steelers meet another winless team Sunday when they play the Minnesota Vikings in London.

Roethlisberger said the line showed significant improvement last Sunday night as the Steelers rolled up 459 yards of total offense in a 40-23 loss to Chicago.

The return of tight end Heath Miller, a punishing blocker, has helped the line. It could get another boost if rookie Le'Veon Bell emerges at running back after coming back from a mid-foot sprain.

"We're tired of hearing how bad of a line we are and how young we are," Gilbert said. "We want to try to be the best. We're capable of doing it. We just have to show it on the field and earn the trust of the quarterback and the coach. I think that's building and that's the most important thing."

17. JarvisJ

JarvisJ New Member

Sep 25, 2013
    I got news for Ben: Maybe Bell's injury lasted exactly how long it was supposed to. Maybe he tries to go hard one day and experienced a set back with the sprain, hence couldn't go the next day. I like that Ben is trying to push some buttons and be somewhat of a leader but I am not so sure Bell deserved these comments. That injury was known to keep him out this many weeks.

18. dobbler-33

Nov 13, 2011
    Seems hyped to me, he wasn't mofo'n the guy. Relax, if Bell gets dirty and contributes he'll be welcomed back into the rec room with open arms

19. dobbler-33

Nov 13, 2011
    Another copied write up that I just came across.

sums up the media spin.

PITTSBURGH -- Here is what kind of season it has been for the Pittsburgh Steelers: Their quarterback was quoted out of context on his own radio show.

At least that is the case when it comes to the Steelers fans who angrily weighed in after Ben Roethlisberger said he doesn't know what to expect from rookie running back Le'Veon Bell when Pittsburgh plays the Minnesota Vikings in London.

Roethlisberger told 93.7 The Fan on Tuesday that he didn't know how much pain Bell could play through and that he had no such questions after tight end Heath Miller returned from a major knee injury.

Some fans interpreted that as Roethlisberger challenging Bell, who is scheduled to return Sunday from a mid-foot sprain, or taking a cheap shot at the rookie.

Roethlisberger said on Wednesday that was anything but the case.

“I meant that as a compliment to Heath and just saying that I know Heath and I've been around Heath for a long time,” Roethlisberger said. “I just don't know Le'Veon well enough yet to know. I didn't even know that (the comments) created ... I'll go say something to him and see if it hurt his feelings, but I don't think it would have.”

It didn't, said Bell.

“I'm a young guy, I'm a rookie, I haven't been here," said Bell, the second running back taken in the 2013 draft. "This is his first season with me. A lot of guys still really don't know what I am about because I haven't played. I just want to show him at least a little bit in this coming week.”

Those searching for signs that the 0-3 Steelers are coming apart at the seams will probably have to look elsewhere. Roethlisberger seemed genuinely surprised when I asked him about the Bell comments and the fan reaction they had generated. And Bell seemed sincere when he shrugged them off and said he expected such a response since his next NFL carry will be his first NFL carry.

While Roethlisberger is still getting to know Bell, he is looking forward to seeing what dimension the latter adds to the Steelers' offense.

“I think he's more than just a guy who's going to run the ball,” Roethlisberger said. “He wouldn't have been brought here if he wasn't an all-around back.”

20. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    Yeah, welcome to the "media circus", kid...
    That`s kinda what I meant about "talk is cheap"...
    What happens on the field matters.
    The talking heads have to fill 24 hours of coverage, 7 days a week, so will come up with whatever they can, to make a headline/ draw readers/watchers...
    I`ve said for years, that the interviews are a joke.
    What do you really expect ANY player or coach, to say, that is gonna reveal anything about the "inner workings" of their team???
    And yet, I watch...
    Maybe hoping for some of the young kids to slip up, and speak honestly, instead of the "party line"..
    When Someone like Ben does it, I LOVE it!, Harrison, too, for that matter...
    And then they get crucified by their own fans, for "throwin their teammates under the bus"...
    Now, there IS a difference...
    I like the fact that the PITTSBURGH STEELERS have traditionally kept Their problems "in house", and not aired their "dirty laundry", to the public.
    That`s the way it should be.
    But when they are asked if they think they are playing well, or if they have problems to fix, they should ABSOLUTELEY have the freedom, to acknowledge problems, in general terms, as long as they don`t resort to naming names...
    We don`t wanna see a "divided locker room", which could easily happen under these circumstances(0-3)...
    But, When I watch at home and hear every player, and every coach, of every team in the league, repeat the same catch phrases, that their "public relations manager" has told them to say, I have a problem with that, too!!!~
    If yer pissed about the sitch... SAY IT!!! Just don`t name names. We can all see who`s to blame, no matter which team we are talking about.(Or, we will get on our message boards, and "hash it out"...)...
    I just don`t see why we all watch these "pressers", "player interviews", or any of that like we are really gonnna obtain any insight, other than what they all say to be " team friendly"...
    And yet I do...
    I guess, I`m lookin for those rare cases like Silverback, who actually say how they feel, and truly don`t care what the commish, or anyone else thinks, and then I see everyone bash them for speakin their mind!
    I say, more power to em!!!
    Go, Ryan Clark, Ike Taylor, Redman, etc!!!:applaud:
    GO STEELERS!!

21. Brews Crew

Brews Crew Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Ben called him out so let's see what good it does.

22. lovembig

lovembig Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2011
    thanks. it was time to change things up. that and my 6 year old daughter saw the old one and asked why that girl wasnt wearing a bra. time to change.

23. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    LMAO... I hear ya... Family friendly is all good, but if she`s learning to read/can read .... ya mite wanna leave it at the cartoon, without the words, before she says, "Daddy, what does b i t c h spell?'...LOL!!!
    It`s all good!!! GO STEELERS!!!

24. lovembig

lovembig Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2011
    good point, but we all know that most people see boobs way before they read the fine print.

25. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I'm liking this side of Ben :thumbs_up: