1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

So, you think Mike Tomlin should be fired?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by 08SteelCurtain, Dec 14, 2020.

1. 08SteelCurtain

08SteelCurtain Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2015
    So, you think Mike Tomlin should be fired, huh? ... well follow this conceptual map to see where that takes us!

(1) Do you think Mike Tomlin should be fired?
    No — this is the last stop for you! No need to proceed

Yes — continue to (2)

(2) Did you adjust your tinfoil hat? If it’s slightly off tilt, that darn government might hear your thoughts!
    No — “my tinfoil hat is tight and right” proceed to (3)
    Yes — Phew, crisis averted! Continue to (3)

(3) Are you aware of Mike Tomlin’s record? The no losing seasons, superbowl, 2 afc titles, etc etc?

No — Well, shucks! Now that you’re aware and likely sane, refer to (1) again.

Yes — Oh okay, proceed to step (4)

(4) Do you know of any other free agent superbowl champion coaches sitting around on the couch with a 60% win percentage or better?

No — Well ****, me neither! Proceed to (5)
    Yes — Hook a brother up!! I’m sure you can find a way to get in touch with Kevin Colbert, and please do! Proceed to (5)

(5) I’m guessing you haven’t fed this info to Kevin Colbert yet, or don’t know many/any champion coaches with a 60% win percentage that are without a job?

Yes — proceed to (1) and if your answer is YES there, proceed to (6)
    No — proceed to (1) and if your answer is still yes, proceed to (6)

(6) If you’ve made it here (congrats on all that reading!) you’re an idiot. That is all. Thanks.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Yes...Said this years and years ago...smoke and mirrors with him... Colbert gave him Uber talented rosters, and he hasn't done **** with them...But...You could NEVER fire him...MY GOD, He never had a losing season!

Same ole this year...Nothing to see here... He'll have a good/ great record...And another excuse...Pick one! People on here ALWAYS find one!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. RobertoC#21

RobertoC#21 Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2011
    Not that I think Tomlin should be fired, but here is some food for thought!

A) Ben has never had a losing season in the NFL

B) Tomlin without doubt would have been fired if he didn't have Ben as his quarterback

C) mic drop!

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
  5. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    I thought Tomlin should have been fired after the Jacksonville playoff loss. The 2020 team is starting to look a lot like the 2017 team.... pretenders who benefitted from an easy schedule.

In 2017, the schedule was made easy since Steelers didn't have to face Luck, Rodgers and Watson.

In 2020, the schedule was easy because the NFC East was horrible for the most part.... except for the recent success of the Football Team.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. dominilate

dominilate Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Whats your point? Most SB winning teams have either elite QB's (most SB winning teams), hit their stride at the right moment (Nick Foles) or benefited from incredible defenses (Ravens Trent Dilfer)
    Btw Ben didn't exactly light it up in his 1st appearance or the last against Green Bay just so we're clear

• Agree Agree x 5
  7. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    Agreed 100 percent. It’s a shame that us fans have to be tortured in this purgatory that is TOMLIN. Once Ben is gone which might be after this year oh my gawd it’s going to be horrendous.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  8. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    Would you consider a team with an elite QB failing to win in the post season 9 out of the last 10 years well coached or poorly coached?

I think the last 10 years are far more relevant then the first 4. Tomlin can win in the regular season as long as his HOF QB is healthy. When we play good teams in the playoffs he can't win. That's just a fact. Spin it how you would like. I thought this had been Tomlin's best season by far.... it's starting to look like that was an anomaly after watching the last 2 games. Everyone likes to point to injuries as the excuse...the issue I have with that is we are losing because of a fairly health offense...not the defense that is riddled with injuries.

I hope we can get back on track before the playoffs. Maybe if we beat Cinci we can give Ben a couple weeks off to get healthy?

9. RobertoC#21

RobertoC#21 Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2011

The thread is about Tomlin, Tomlin has benefited from Ben, not the other way around! I simply stated that if Ben wasn't here, neither would Tomlin!! Yes, it is that simple!

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    A long time ago. Three playoff wins in 10 years. Three. With many Pro Bowlers and HOFs and only one other threat in the division. Great guy. Bad coach. If you don't see it by now maybe you never will.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015

You cannot fairly give anyone credit for the win in 2015.

Well I guess Vonte Burfict but no one on the steelers coaching staff.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Steelers have a snowball's chance in hell of beating the Chiefs in their current state. I could see the Steelers rebounding and winning some playoff games, but they won't get by the Chiefs. No way, no how.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  13. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    What thread are you replying to?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  14. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Not fired. Just given some guidance.

The kind where one party (the president) says to the other party (the director) "here in your review, we will discuss the many good qualities you have and ask you to continue them, and we will discuss the few weaknesses you have and ask you to improve them.

Or.......don't say **** and hope the weaknesses will fix themselves? Yeah.... that's a great way to run a business:huh:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Who are you? You certainly aren't the original Heinz because he has been around long enough to know that in the NFL, you can never say never.

The Steelers could remove game planning and play calling from Fitchner and the Chiefs could have a slew of injuries and we could easily blow out out of the water for 3 1/2 quarters!:drinks:

• Like Like x 1
  16. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    I must have slept through Logic 101. Reminds me of HUD flowcharts. :rolleyes:

17. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I think we are done unless somehow we get healthy and someone knocks some teams out. I still enjoyed this season, not anyone’s fault the football gods hate the Steelers lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I was a no after the first question. FFS we were arguing he should be coach of the year two weeks ago. Injuries, ‘rona, refs, and drops played havoc. Could Tomlin have done better last two weeks? Sure.

RF should be fired immediately.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Madmike77

Madmike77 Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2019
    Not saying he’s done the best job in the world, but the talent on O just isn’t there for this team to be a real contender. The Oline is old and overrated. Ben isn’t what he used to be. The oldest receiver on the team is 24. And the RB corps is as mediocre as it gets.

There isn’t a single star on the offensive side of the football. Can any other playoff contender say the same thing? When you look at these guys position by position I don’t think any of them is top-5 in the league. I’m not even sure there’s a top-10 guy at their position on the offensive roster.

Tomlin isn’t perfect. He’s not very good at things like time management, challenges and in-game decision making. But he is a great motivator based on the team’s performance over the years. He gets a lot out of his players. Could the Steelers do better? Maybe. But they could also do a lot worse.

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
  21. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    MT is the most overrated, never had a losing season coach ever. Seeing a photo of him with the true greats, is like putting a picture of a Pinto up, comparing it to the best Mopar cars.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  22. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    The Steelers gambled that they something left in their Hall of Fame QB, had a rash of injuries and are sitting at 11-2 and in the playoffs. Firing the coach would be crazy.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2020
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  23. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    You need to add another step: Do you think he will get to or win another Super Bowl? I am waiting for how the season finishes and how Tomlin handles the adversity.

• Winner Winner x 1
  24. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I'm not sure what you just said. Hard to understand you with tomlins balls in your mouth.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  25. zcoop

zcoop Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2018
    Exactly right!
    Both are victims of the Bellicheck and Brady Era. Not enough SBs to go around. Kinda like the NBA teams that were playing in MJ's hay day in the NBA.