1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

So WHO is our 1st rounder?

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by shadowmaker, Apr 23, 2012.

1. shadowmaker

shadowmaker Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    I dont know if I missed the thread but who will we take in the first round? The message board has been right the last 3 yrs and I look like a genius to my son.

Will it be the guy from Stanford? Hightower? Or the big running back..think his last name was Martin??? Sorry, I m horrible with remembering names of players on team I dont watch alot.

2. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I think we take Cordy Glenn OG.....I had to rewatch the tape on him ,but his 2010 tape makes him look like a solid OG ....

3. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Either Glenn or Hightower

4. mdbates2

mdbates2 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    I don't know enough about the college players, but I would be VERY surprised if it is not an offensive lineman. It's time to stop pretending that everything is alright on the O-line and add a stud or two.

5. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Check out the draft section...thats where all the talk about who the pick might/will/etc be.

6. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Totally agree, but Shaner above you is correct on the two options. It better be O-LINE though.

7. jnico6

jnico6 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    I'm not too crazy about Glenn

8. Colssteel

Colssteel Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    It really depends on the best player available. If someone falls to us that we did not expect, we may Hightower and Glenn. I am reading a lot about Dontarie Poe likely being there when we pick (his stock is falling back to earth). I really like Hightower, but agree that OL needs addressed as well.

Am I the only one who is beginning to get excited for Thursday? :yeehaw:

9. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I just want them to draft a o-lineman in the 1st rd because they will be the most likely to start as a rookie.

10. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Don't just draft an olineman just because we need one. Draft the best player for a position of need. I don't think there is a olineman worst the 24th pick other than DeCastro, Rieff(sp) and Khali(sp). If it is not one of those three, than olineman should be in the 2nd round.

But I believe if Glenn, Hightower or Poe all are there at 24th it will be a hard choice. But I doubt that happens. So, if one of those three are there it will be one of them.

11. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Nope, I'm pretty much useless at work right now! :write:

12. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    It's gonna be a difficult decision because the way other teams draft really show me why they draft early every year.We have to stick with our guns and wait and get Hightower.We need a smart,vocal,leader,young Ilber to replace farrior.Hightower, brings more intangibles then just filling that position.The oline can be filled in the second round,and with the way guys are falling in the draft then we should be ok.

13. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011

Hightower is not smart,he looks very slow on film and would be useless in coverage in the NFL....The D he played in was really simple and I still see him out of place on tape.....IMO if we pick him it will be a huge mistake......Alo there are reports of Worrilds moving inside,I like that option a lot better than Hightower.....

Poe is only a 2 down player at best as well so I say no to him as well...The BPA for what we need is Glenn....I didn't like him that much early,but they moved him around to much if you look at his tape at LG only he is a stud and almost as good as Decastro on tape....

14. numbah58

numbah58 Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    If Hightower's available I hope he's the pick.

15. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    silatolu. i don't care if they reach a few spots for him. i see alot of what PWP see's in hightower,sorry, but i know he's hyped, but my eye's don't see it. :frustrated: :shrug: :cool:

16. TarheelFlyer

TarheelFlyer Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    In all honesty, I have NO IDEA any more what they are going to do, but I think it will be one of 3 things:

1. A guy like Glenn falls to them, and they take him.

2. They really like Hightower and they take him.

3. They become the trade target for someone else who sees a Tannehill or somebody slipping they really want and move back a few slots.

17. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Thanks for some sanity, TarHeel. Hightower is not the anti-Christ, and no one player in the draft is the savior. I love Glenn, and would be happy to get him. I love Hightower, and would be happy to get him. I love Silotulu, and would be happy to move back, get an extra high-round pick, and get him. Hell, I like Janoris Jenkins, and if they take him, or Kirkpatrick, in the first round, they obviously know something that other people don't know.
    Its easier for me to list players I don't want: Mike Adams.

18. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
  19. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Bouchette said they like Zeitler alot. Might be a possible pick.

Honestly I don't see how it isn't guard. It may be a weak draft class, but there are a fair amount of guards that are first round worthy. And with the 24th pick even early 2nd round graded guards are not too much of a reach.

20. memphis_steeler

memphis_steeler Member

Oct 26, 2011
    our pick will be the best player available who is not a quarterback...

21. Da Stellars

Oct 22, 2011
    So we would take another 3-4 DE if they are BPA there in the first round?

22. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    So we would take another 3-4 DE if they are BPA there in the first round?[/quote:3n20ovdk]

so it's going to be wolfe??? :hmmm: :roflmao: :cool:

23. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    and while i don't think it's a real stretch for siatolu at 24, you have to remember it's not just a guard pick. nothings saying he couldn't play some LT also. those are even harder to come by and the guy can do both. that alone should raise his bar some. just because the guys sitting around telling us all where these guys should play and really have no more of an idea then the man in the moon, doesn't mean they have to play that certain position for a team. he may not play it perfect, but from what i've seen of him , it won't be from lack of effort and attitude. :cool:

24. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    I agree whole heartedly

25. Da Stellars

Oct 22, 2011
    I live in Bmore and alot of Ravens fans are pimpin for Hightower to go to the Ravens hardcore.

If Ravens FO are serious about getting him they will most likely try to jump us in the draft.

I'm on record has wanting OL in the first though.....