1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

So....who are we rooting against in the SB?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Romans5:8, Jan 20, 2013.

1. Romans5:8

Romans5:8 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I'm rooting against Baltimore more than anything.

2. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I've gotta say the 9ers. It's gonna be bittersweet to see a team match us but I think this is a necessary evil.

3. Cali Doll

Cali Doll Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Im rooting against the rats and for the 9ers.

4. SteelByDesign

SteelByDesign Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    I'm rooting for Baltimore. I've always had a healthy respect for them because they're a lot like us. I love Ray Lewis as a player and competitor. I'm so tired of his whooping/dancing routine, but he's an all time great, no doubt.

I also don't want to see the Niners match us in Superbowls. Another bonus, if the Rats win it all is maybe some guys on the fence decide to retire, like Ed Reed, Matt Birk, Bryant McKinnie, etc.

5. steeltx06

steeltx06 Active Member

Nov 21, 2011
    Ravens. Hate them to death of course but it's nice to be the only team with 6.

6. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Someone asked me at work who I would be rooting for.

I joked, "Al Qaida."

Ok, I admit that was extreme and uncalled for. But I seriously cannot think of a worse matchup. I don't know who is the lesser of 2 evils. there's no joy to be found in this year's SB.

7. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
  8. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
  9. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
  10. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Is this a for or against thread? Damn you OP for jacking up the thread title!

I'm going to be on the 49'ers side of the house this year. I love the Kaper guy and I really don't have any ill-will against any of the players on that team. Baltimore is another matter.

11. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    That made me laugh out loud, Ray.

I'll be going for the 49ers - for all the Ravens hatred, I just think that San Fran are flat out the better team, and exciting to watch play.

12. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    San Fran. Lesser of two evils.

It's a shame that Atlanta only played one half. What a collapse!

Unfortunatly that if either win, it's a dagger in the heart of the true Steeler fan.

There is NO way I want the dancing bear, suggly or flaccmo to win. To me in our division the crows are now the most hated. At least by me.

Yea dancing bear is an all world player blah blah. Thank goodness that we won't have to see that jackass dance next year. And when introduced in the Bowl, thats when I turn away so I don't smash TV's. :lolol:

13. Thigpen82

Oct 17, 2011
    The worse thing is, they did the same last week and didn't seem to have come up with any answers to stopping it happen again.

14. SteelAGirl

SteelAGirl Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I'm with you.

15. SteelAGirl

SteelAGirl Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    San FranSIXco:sick: NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. jimmyallen45

jimmyallen45 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    I have no problem with the 49ers tieing "us" with 6 championships. For one thing, the NFL's history, believe it or not, goes before the Super Bowl and the Packers have the most championships anyway. Who cares? Was anybody out there really suffering in envy when the 49ers had 5 and we had 4 (at least for that particular reason?)

The most important thing now is seeing this little Ravens era of goodness come to an end with a Super Bowl loss, particularly a devastating one, that will make everyone forget their improbable little playoff run. The 2012 Ravens are one of the worst AFC teams to get to the Super Bowl in a long time. Defense still wins championships, the 49ers are the best at that, and they will win.

17. DSteelerCT

DSteelerCT Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    I won't know until the game begins. I think now I will be rooting for the Ravens. One, yes, they are our rivals, but why not him them win one, gives credence to the rivalry, two, I'd like to be the only with 6, 9ers have the chance to win many more and four, I think it will do is good if the Ravens win (their hangover and wake us up)

18. lersgofor7

lersgofor7 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2011
    just something to think about....

we can get 7 rings..

we cant take a super bowl away from all those arrogant punks who have no class in rat ville

19. lersgofor7

Dec 6, 2011

:this!:

20. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    I have no problem with the Ravens winning it all. The Steelers need a really good division rival like that. No doubt, the AFC North is now the toughest division in football. So winning that division now means something. Compare this to the powder puff division the Pats have been in for ten years.

21. lersgofor7

Dec 6, 2011
    Winning the Super Bowl doesnt change how tough the division..it will always be tough... no way shape or form do i want flacco to win a super bowl and have to watch ray thank the lord 10000000 times...i hate boldin and suggs and reed...

a bears fan would never root for the packers...an eagles fan would never root for the cowboys...and no way will i root for the ravens

22. Thigpen82

Oct 17, 2011
    Amen. This just about hits the nail on the head.

23. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I agree with you 100% This is worst case scenario in my mind. The next two weeks will be a love fest for Ray Lewis and, if possilbe, John Harbaugh is a bigger baby than Jim, so I am going with the Niners.

24. Wreck

Wreck Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I swear, living in Baltimore and working in DC.... about 90% of the Ravens fans I know have been bashing their team since week 8. Took the stickers and flags off their cars, said the team sucks and literally stopped watching their games. I'd ask them on week 12...13..14... what they thought of their game. "I dunno. I stopped watching them this year." "When they replace Flacco, I'll watch football again." "I'm following the skins for the rest of this season."

Now all these same people are wearing their purple shirts to work, jerseys, flags are back on their cars, stickers suddenly are up all over the place, desktop backgrounds on PC's are "RAVENS!!!!!!!!!!!" and they're bragging about how amazing Flacco is.

I hate fair weather fans, especially Ravens.

49's all the way. Them having 6 doesn't take away from us having 6, and all the more motive for us to get #7.

25. lersgofor7

Dec 6, 2011

Who Cares...is this the last super bowl ever to be played?