1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

So, which QB gets the okay to start Sat.????

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by slickster10, Dec 20, 2011.

1. slickster10

slickster10

Oct 23, 2011
    I was one who wanted Ben to play but this Sat. he needs some rest, besides it's a home game and we will be behind Batch the whole way. I'm still proud of Ben for stepping up even though in hindsite he should have rested.
    :herewego: :herewego:

2. slickster10

slickster10

Oct 23, 2011

3. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
  4. mdbates2

mdbates2 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    I agree. Batch will have had 2 weeks of practice with the starters, and should be able to lead the Steelers to a win over the Lambs. If he can't - it doesn't really change our playoff seeding. Give Ben the day off and let's see what our backups can do.

5. slickster10

slickster10

Oct 23, 2011
    :thumbs_up: (What happened to all the emocon's?? )

6. harristotle

harristotle Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I've been wondering the same thing.

7. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I'd still like to see Dixon start.

8. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    I moved some things around last night, and forgot to move the smilies back to the posting page. They're still available, you just have to click 'view more smilies' to see the rest. I'll be putting them back to how they were shortly. :thumbsup:

9. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Me too, Scott. I really think the coaching staff must have very little confidence in him at this point though. I hoped to at least see him get a few reps last night when the game was coming to an end.

10. Steeldefense08

Steeldefense08 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    If i could have read the future of the outcome of last nights game, i would have started Dixon and use some exotic plays to see how they would work. worth a shot.

11. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
  12. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Ben will play. There should not even be a debate. He didn't come out because he wants to play. He is our best hope of winning. Besides that, he needs to work on his long throws. Maybe a repeat of the last time the Steelers played the same old sorry ass Rams. Except for our starting running back breaking his leg.

13. rukus4ever

rukus4ever Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I would like to see Dixon, also. What I saw of him, last year, made me hopeful. I wonder what's happened to put him so far down the depth chart.

I think he can throw and use his legs to hurt opposing defenses.

14. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    seeing Batch is on the verge of retirement and lefty is always banged up, Dixon has to be the future back up, didn't they just resign him this year and they're not even using him?

get him in there Ben needs to rest the ankle

15. DDinAZsteel1

DDinAZsteel1 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Who should play? Batch. Who will play, Ben will play, continue to play injured and cost us the postseason by doing so as he won't allow himself to properly heal so he can plant and throw. These next 2 games are meaningless in my mind. They could end up with the 1,2, or 3 seed if other teamsa lose, but we had our chacne at that and blew it. Lock Ben, Troy and WOodley down for the rest of the reg season.

16. DDinAZsteel1

DDinAZsteel1 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Remember Dixon wanted traded and was threatening to not lay this yr in camp. Then he saw he was worthless in other team's eyes and came back tail tucked. Don't think Tomlin doesn't remember that and is hodling that against him (as he should). Dixon will never see the field in a STeelers uniform again unless every other option is exhausted. Both he and Batch will be gone after this season. Steelers will have to draft a rook and/or sign a journeyman.

17. bobtx2us

bobtx2us Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    It's probably the same reason that Redman doesn't get any more snaps - MT/BA don't think of him. They play only their favorites.

18. rutan74

rutan74 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I'd sit him and not solely because of his ankle. He stunk last night and has stunk it up for quite some time. Accuracy is only a wish to Ben.

Sit him and give him some needed rest because right now, he is stinking out the joint.

rutan

19. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    In the circumstances we're in, I kind of agree with this.

There were numerous plays - including the second int - where receivers were open (or open enough) and Ben just didn't hit them. Being tough and playing through pain is one thing. If it's affecting your accuracy, there's only so much the receivers can do.

20. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    Sit 7 who cares if we lose the next two games? Still a 5 seed. Get 16 some reps if we need him in playoffs!!

21. Avoid Lloyd

Avoid Lloyd Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I'm hoping Dixon gets the start.

Batch looked pretty bad for the handful of snaps he played in the Stains game.

22. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    If needed in playoffs you would rather have 10 than 16? After a HANDFUL of snaps you saw....Really???...CO'MON MAN!!!

23. mstng1863

mstng1863 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I admit I wanted Ben to go last night and all throughout the game I still thought somehow he was going to engineer a great memorable comeback. However, as I think about the result now and the picks and fumble, he should not have played. On the picks his throws were either really off or too high.

I know this is not going out on a limb here... I am happy with either Batch or Dixon as long as Ben can get 100% healthy for the playoffs and do what he does best - which is move around in the pocket and make things happen. If he keeps playing and has to be a pocket passer, we will be out quickly.

Additionally, I say even if we lose our last two games, rest not only Ben, but also Polomalu, Woodley, Pouncey, and Sanders. (BTW, why is he always hurt?) At full strength, I really feel we can compete with anyone. When we are hurt and without other great players we just cannot compete. We are an old team and a week off would have been really nice.

24. SteelerFanInKC

SteelerFanInKC Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    IMO, Ben should definitely sit against the Rams. If we can't beat the worthless Rams with Batch or Dixon or hell, evem Hones at QB, then we are done anyway. I would start Ben at Celveland if healthy, especially if we can improve our seeding which is certainly very possible.

25. jhmiller3

jhmiller3 Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    We are and will continue to be the 5 seed. No better, no worse. They need to keep Ben out of the Rams game, even if they have to deactivate him. Or, better yet, designate him as the #3. For the Clowns, if he is feeling better (and I mean better than last night) he needs to start to keep the rust off. When we get to Denver he will be ready to go.