1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

so whats the latest wallace can sign?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by HinesWardHOF, Apr 2, 2012.

1. HinesWardHOF

HinesWardHOF Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    is there a deadline on this? i assume something has to be settled before the draft so we know if we need to replace him and if a team has to give up their first round draft pick i guess it has to be done before the draft? this has to make it hard for the new OC to draw up plays? not knowing if we have wallace or not... wether you like him or not... say he doesnt fight for the ball... say he had a second half drop off... no matter what you say its indisputable that he stretched the D and opens things for AB and others....
    what about jerricho? is there a time deadline on him or since there is no draft pick involved for him can this go on until the season starts and even into the season if no one else signs him?

2. truckin9999

truckin9999 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    The Steelers have a history of not negotiating contracts once the regular season starts. So, I guess this could go all the way thru pre-season for Wallace. You would think they would like to get deals for both players done much sooner.

3. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    I think up to the day of the draft a team can offer him a higher tender, then the Steelers can match or get that team's 1st round pick. Not sure on the time frame or date for certain, when a team has to offer a higher tender. I think it's win win for the Steelers, if no one matches Wallace you get him for 2.75 million for the season, which is a steal. If he walks you get a 1st round pick. I think Wallace is replaceable if need be. I think the Steelers are high on Antonio Brown. I think Sanders has all the talent to be great, if he can stay healthy. They seem to like Wes Lyons who had a great pre-season last year. Plus Jerricho C might stick around. The Steelers seem to be doing a good job of drafting WR's lately. Holmes, Wallace, Brown, Sanders. All are great talents. But, I think bottom line is that no one will tender Wallace a 1st round pick, so I think he will stay a Steeler this season, then they will see who the better talent is to keep either Brown or Wallace, because both will be free agents next year. My biggest worry with Wallace is that you might see him get unhappy about his contract and it could be a media cancer for the whole season.

4. truckin9999

Oct 16, 2011
    I just ask the guy that runs Steelers Depot.. He said the deadline for another team to tender an offer to Wallace is April 20.

5. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
  6. HinesWardHOF

Oct 24, 2011
    well yes its a 1 year steal for 2.75 million but then hes pissed and leaves next year... 2 yes the steelers are maybe higher on AB than MW but MW makes AB so good by strateching the D and sometimes gettign double teamed to help open AB, ES and JC 3. Sanders is a great talent but has a hard time staying on the field and does us no good out with a sore toe or foot or ailment of the week 4.. i agree the steelers are doing a great job drafting WRs but not such a great job keeping them around.. maybe they think its an EZ position ot replace in the draft? 5. i think wallace wil bust his butt more if he doesnt get teh long term contract.. he may be moody but he will have ot play his a$$ off hopingot get that big contract so i dotn think he will let down this year ... GO STEELERS

7. HinesWardHOF

Oct 24, 2011
    makes sense.. a week before the draft and about 2 1/2 - 3 weeks from now.. makes sense they cant come at the last minute .. just has to be tuff on the new OC to draw up plays not knowing it wallace will be theer or not.. i mean i would think its a totally diff O with or without wallace?

8. truckin9999

Oct 16, 2011
    It does make since. If Wallace signs a tender from another team, a 7 day clock starts to tick for the Steelers to make a decision.

9. CANTON STEEL

CANTON STEEL Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    LOL 8-)