1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

So what now?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Jammasterc, Nov 22, 2022.

1. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    I hope you are correct. I have zero confidence that it will happen. But one can always hope

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  2. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    I think Tomlin’s perceived reluctance to fire coordinators is a version of the culture of staffing patience cultivated by ownership over the last half-century.

(Wow, too many big words!)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    They have been willing to force coaches to fire assistants in the past. It's time to get back to that. If Tomlin won't fire Canada on his own, he has to be ordered to do so, with the added directive to hire someone from the outside. They need to stop promoting from within. It's not working. If Tomlin doesn't want to go along with that, he needs to go, too. His track record of hiring assistant coaches is bad enough that he can't be left to his own devices in that area.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  4. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Canada's contract expires after the season, I really doubt they would offer him a new contract.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  5. THREE RIVER SHIVER

THREE RIVER SHIVER Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2017
    Agree.....And from what I've been reading on the Depot, He already knows this!!

• Like Like x 2
  6. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    Can you cite to his contract info? I’ve read varying reports and nothing definitive.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    It's pure entertainment to troll the Millennials and GenZ Steelers fans. Those who were too young to experience or care about the late 80's and late 90's.

Doom, gloom....Steelers will never recover, blah, blah, blah.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    A track record that is one mistake after another. Anyone who can hire a Canada can screw up any coaching vacancy. However, what does an owner/GM think about their HC that can't get his own staff together? Usually, the HC brings along those he's worked with, knows, or interviews that best support his vision. Doing patchwork with coaches only extends what needs to be done and that is a clean slate with a new HC and his staff. This isn't meant to bash MT or the org, it's just that the expiration date on this staff has passed. JMO>

9. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Even the great Chuck Noll was forced to fire assistant coaches and coordinators.

• Like Like x 1