1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

So what now?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Jammasterc, Nov 22, 2022.

1. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Sure there’s no “E” in the Standings yet, but it’s gonna take a long win streak and plenty of help.

So what’s the point of continuing to run the Canada Offense?
    Make changes and use the remaining games to run next Season’s Offense.
    Screw the “standard is the standard”.
    Start fixing now.

Bring in players from your PS, let’s see who stays.
    Make some moves.
    How did the Eagles bring in 2 Dlinemen that immediately contributed?

Don’t end the Season crying missing the Playoffs, end it looking positive toward next year.
    Put the Division on notice, don’t call it a comeback!

• Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I can only assume that they are keeping Canada through the season just to make things a little easier on Kenny.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. LambertsDentist

LambertsDentist Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2014
    How can we run next season's offense when we don't know what next year's offense is going to look like? We'll presumably have a different coordinator with an entirely different offense. Until we know who that coordinator is and what kind off offense he runs it's pretty hard to practice that offense.

As for calling up PS players, the coaching staff should already know what they have. Tomlin and Co see these guys every practice so there's not a while lot to be learned by calling them up.

I get that you're frustrated. We all are. But making wholesale changes mid season would only create chaos that would bleed over into next season. I think staying the course is the right option at this point. Anything else just tells the players that the coaches are clueless and are just throwing mud at the wall to see what sticks.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  4. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I can't see them bringing in an offensive coordinator from outside the organization during the season, and no way in hell should the new OC be someone currently on the staff. We've seen that ****show enough.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Jammasterc

Oct 26, 2011
    Agree, but we know how it’s gone before.

6. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Absolutely. But until there is a change in leadership, are you confident that it won't be next man up on the coaching staff? I don't know for sure, but I think how things have been done will likely remain the same. JMO>

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. RockyBleier

RockyBleier Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2015
    Keep working hard. Win games.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    The Steelers don't fire coaches during the season, the rest of the season is about the progression of Pickett, at least he didn't throw any interceptions in the last two games.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    I'm thinking that ole Matt will be right here next year.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  10. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Unless you’re talking about right here on this message board with us, I totally disagree. If Tomlin doesn’t want to fire Canada after this season then Tomlin himself needs to be fired!

• Winner Winner x 2
  11. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    I have zero confidence that Tomlin will do the right thing. Zero. I think he believes he can make it all right and his coordinators are fine. Remember when everyone was pumped about Flores coming on board and how much of a difference he was going to make as a coach? I just feel like Canada will be here for next year

12. Cranny

Cranny Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2017
    Tomlin definitely needs to be fired too. He’s a complete ******* who’s run this team into the ground

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Jammasterc

Oct 26, 2011
    Was it 3 years ago Ownership wanted Run game fixed?

14. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I was NEVER pumped about Flores coming on board. :facepalm:

15. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    The rest of the season certainly is what you say about KP and his progressing. But I'll throw this out as well. How about we find out who the hell wants to coach or play for Steelers and then make some decisions for next year? JMO>

• Like Like x 1
  16. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Line em up, let's see what happens. Let's add more
    competition for playing time these last 8 weeks. Play hard and play smart.
    Players must remember they could be show casing their talents for other teams.
    Finish strong.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Karl

Karl Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2022
    You could fire Canada and promote maybe Mike Sullivan.

"Binging guys in from the practice squad" - Hmm. The Steelers know who they are and there is a reason they are on the practice squad.
    we are not going to see anything we don't already know from the coaching point, from the madfan perspective, it does nothing.

As far as brining in guys, Suh wasn't coming out for a non-playoff contender. The other guy was a body.
    You typically make those kind of move when you are a playoff contender and need a little boost.

There should also remain a Standard of Excellence. Of course, right now, we are falling short.

So "Letting it all hang out" is a possibility.
    You do want to try things, but you have to keep in mind that you are bringing a rookie Franchise QB online.

The question looming in the background.
    "Canada Sucks" is mostly a madfan derivative. This counts for zero in the decision making.
    I will say that some in the know, are questioning what he is doing. That is the tide that makes the difference.
    I personally, think he loses his job Jan 9th or 10th.

Austin may as well.
    Tomlin, I'm not as confident as I have been in years past that he returns, he may well call it a career.
    I am sort of the opinion that he'd rather end on a better run though.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    Not sure what is going to happen with MT but think maybe it's one of two possibilities:

1. The remaining season continues going South and not only has 1st losing season, but a horrible losing season. Looking at the lack of talent throughout the team, and not wanting to continue having losing seasons and tarnish his legacy, the pulls chocks and goes for a pause until another gig opens up that is more promising, or
    2. He thinks there is talent that he can turn the team around with and guts it out until he's tired of doing this.

I think maybe a lot will depend on what happens the rest of the season and how KP and others are doing. JMO>

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. SteelReal

SteelReal Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2020
    I dont want them to lose all the rest of their games, but I feel like they have to lose all the rest of their games. Theres way too many teams to leapfrog and they have lost too many games in conference. The dilemma is liking watching them play, but if I watch them then I want them to win. Best case scenario now is that they dont suffer any serious injuries to key players that's going to linger into next season. Hopefully Kenny starts to show he's a good enough QB that considering drafting another in the 1st rd becomes a forethought (for myself at least)...but if he's too good then they might consider bringing back Canada too☹

• Like Like x 1
  20. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    What now? Time to get medieval on his ass.

• Like Like x 3
  21. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Just look at the real talent on this team. The percentage is low.

No one want's to see the team lose but at this point it would only better the draft position to bring better talent in. Plus they need to grab some free agents the are above the line and not just bodies.

If he gets another season as well as Austin it's time to be rid of Tomlin. You can't sit there and justify both of these below average coordinators.

Pickett can't go through another season under Canada.

The defense has 3 minds to get it right. A strength said Tomlin at the beginning of the season. And they have gotten it wrong. When you lose one player that is generational and the other ten guys play drops off a cliff something needs to change, coaches and players.

The team is descending and I feel this won't be a one year fix.

I don't know if he can take this young team to new heights. Wouldn't surprise me if he left. A CBS ect would grab him up to be a analyst. Might be a time to roll on.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  22. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    All is lost.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I do see where your coming from but I think Steeler fans would lynch Rooney if Canada dry is on this team next season.

• Like Like x 1
  24. THREE RIVER SHIVER

THREE RIVER SHIVER Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2017
    Tomlin will be made to fire Canada...unfortunately we've seen this before...Tomlin is seriously lacking in that boss skill

25. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    That last part is the real key. The development of Pickett, and the entire offense, is more important than wins and losses the rest of the way.

• Agree Agree x 1